Thread: hard line connection, 73 trombone oil cooler

hard line connection, 73 trombone oil cooler

Guys,
    I am trying to connect all the pieces and parts for a front trombone oil cooler to my 73 2.7 MFI coupe. Unfortunately, I received all the parts unassembled and the parts manual is very vague. Here are my questions:

1. The hard oil line with the kink at the midpoint to bypass the jack receiver goes to which fitting on the trombone? Does it attach to the inside (left) or outside (right-direction of car travel) fitting on the trombone?

2. At the thermostat end, does the hardline with the kink attach to the top thermostat fitting or the bottom fitting?

Given an answer to the two questions above, I'm pretty sure I can connect the other hard line correctly.

Finally, does anyone have for sale the bracket that mounts the oil thermostat to the fender brace/oil tank? The part I need is part # 911.107.159.00 (NLA from Porsche) and is reference # 56 on 1/6/2 of the 72/73 parts manual? If not, does anyone have one I can borrow to local manufacture myself? Or an engineering diagram?

As always, much thanks for the help.

John Meyer, aka the Capitalist Roader

Cancel previous transmission.

My son and I got the tromebone cooler hooked up this afternoon. It works fine without any leaks. And only took 12 quarts of oil, plus what ever was in the crankcase.

John

Similar Threads

1. FS: Trombone Oil Cooler
    By John912 in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 05:36 AM
  2. Trombone Oil Cooler on SWB ?
    By 50/50 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 09:28 PM
  3. Trombone Oil Cooler
    By nickd in forum For Sale: 911 Parts