Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone going to the GAF in Ventura this year?

Is anyone going to the GAF in Ventura this year?

I like this 6 hour run away from the 100 degree Phoenix Valley temps to the nice cool CA beach.

http://www.germanautofest.com/

Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Exclamation

Shawn and all...

The Early S Registry will have our booth set up for both days ... and will have a block of rooms available at the Marriott ... and maybe some some display parking in front of the hotel for Saturday night...

More info to come....

http://www.german-autofest.com/index.htm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

come on out!!!!

Shawn,

The GAF is ALOT of FUN....

In the past, a group of us leave on Friday. Eade H., starts the caravan for those in the SD. area. He picks up more along the route traveling through OC., and LA, as it goes up the 405 fwy heading North.

We head over to PCH, through Malibu. We have a tradition of lunch at Geoffrey's restaurant in Malibu. Great place on PCH.Then its a short drive to the Marriott.....

On Saturday afternoon, a drive through hills, back to the hotel for dinner

I'll be planning on arriving Friday at the Marriott. I'm sure there will be the Usual Suspects. Plan on staying Friday-Sunday.

As it gets closer, you'll notice more activity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

GAF has had a great turn out every year since it started. The Early S Registry usually has a display parking area combined with R Gruppe. You should look into it if you come.

To me the only thing the show misses is some interactive entertainment in the form of an either an autocross or maybe an engine dyno.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Hello Chuck, is ther a possibility to get a room still, i am planning on attending.

RE: A related thread:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=11303

(Road America race car cruise)

The organizers (Hey Bob Campbell) should arrange it so the GAF cars cruise down the main drag of Ventura - at least the concours entrants. That'd be a neat parade as well as good photo op.

Maybe RGruppe and Early 911S Registry?

Sherwood

Platas and all,

John Dilger will soon post all the info on the web site's events page; http://www.early911sregistry.org/Events1.html

... more adventures to come
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Yawl swing by...

Once again, It's my pleasure to announce that PML, along with Competition Engineering, will be returning to the German Auto Fest. We will be located in the southernmost exhibit hall.

This year I will have an immaculate '05 GT-3 on display. This is a tastefully upgraded, well maintained example of what could easily become one of Porsche's best cars, ever...

There will be two slide shows running throughout the entire weekend for your entertainment as well. Porsches, Porsches, and more Porsches...

So, swing by...introduce yourselves. It's always good to put names to faces. I've only met but a tiny handful of you...the GAF is a good time/place to meet & greet with both Walt Watson (Competition Engineering) and Phil VanBuskirk (PML)

See yawl there
    Cheers
    Thom Kuby

Ventura

Quote Originally Posted by RC70SCoupe
    Shawn,

The GAF is ALOT of FUN....

In the past, a group of us leave on Friday up the 405 fwy heading North.

As it gets closer, you'll notice more activity.
    Ray, I have secured a room for Barbara (I promise that she is not an imaginary girlfriend) and I. I have to perform a pre-dawn, high desert crossing...when it is cool. I will skip the 405 this time. You know how much I love the 405. Glad to hear from you...see you soon.

Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

See you Saturday??

Shawn, Glad to know you and Barbara will make it out for GAF.

What day are you driving out? Duane and Charlie will be missed, its up to you to represent the Scottsdale members We will have to wait to see Duane at Julian in Oct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI