Thread: 1x Weber 46 .. $10100!!

1x Weber 46 .. $10100!!

Gents,

What am I missing to reason that $10,100 was paid for one used weber 46. FYI both eBay buyers have a pretty good significant trackrecord.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Richard

p.s. the 4 manifolds shown are 356 Carrera (2) I *think*

Looks like it was for a pair. He talks about welding something, the main pick up I guess. Lucky for him and the buyer he didn't try that.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Looks like it was for a pair.
    even if it's for a pair (of which one need repair), it's still a lot?
    Ix would sell my set for half the price.

Richard

?????????? Why not just buy a quality set of PMO's??????
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

That's bull$hit. Somebody is chandelier bidding here. There is no way on earth a pair of 46's are worth that.

The fact is that on Ebay there is no concrete proof that anything sold is a REAL sale. What makes it worse is the magazines (CD, RT, and SCI included) report this crap from time to time. Money never changes hands and the seller sets a "new mark" (for his next "mark).

And, as someone already mentioned, PMO's are a better choice by a long shot.
    They are easier to tune, better design and readily available. And, the cars I've know to have them run better.

Tom

Looks like a typo of some sort...where $1000 turned into $10K

Have a look at the bid list...went from $820 to $10,000?

absolutly

it is more likely to be $1000

Looks like a typo of some sort...
    That's indeed what makes more sense. However there were 2 parties w/ a significant feedback that made an error than ..

Also did the highest bidder put in 2! bids over $10,100 apparently afraid that he was going to be oubid.

The highest bidder is registered in Germany (and active buying there), the second highest in the USA and both very active.

In the mean time I checked my 356 Carrera parts manual and those manifolds indeed seem to be Carrera intake manifolds. Those are worth something?

Richard