Solid Pan
    Very good panel fit
    No accident history
    Good paint
    The Bad:
    Perforation in spare tire wheel
    Aftermarket seats,wheel and belts
    Brakes need to be completely done
    At a minimum all engine lines and seals need to replaced.
    Clutch,exhaust and tires need to be replaced.
    No service records
    In view of this I can see spending $15K without a problem to create a very nice driver.
    What are your thoughts?

Worth minimum $35k and definitely figure on spending the $15k you're thinking. Just a set of sport seats will be $4k minimum then you'll have to bring the rest of the interior up to their standard etc.....
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Opinion of Value 72S

Creator8
    Thanks for your input. I know that $15K is low. I guess I am coming to the
    conclusion that the old adage of "buying the very best that you can "may be
    true here. It does not have a list of options or a great color. But is an honest
    car[body]. After buying and refurbishing it ,I would be in the mid $40's. for
    a nice driver. I dont mind a nice driver but for that kind of money I think that
    I can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by 50/50
    Creator8
    Thanks for your input. I know that $15K is low. I guess I am coming to the
    conclusion that the old adage of "buying the very best that you can "may be
    true here. It does not have a list of options or a great color. But is an honest
    car[body]. After buying and refurbishing it ,I would be in the mid $40's. for
    a nice driver. I dont mind a nice driver but for that kind of money I think that
    I can do better.
    I disagree. $35K for a correct nice driver is par for teh course these days. $40K might be high, but if that factors fresh paint, it sounds right, too. Deals can be had, but it is going to be luck and patience that get you there. Just prepared that if luck never finds you, neither will your 'S'.

EDIT: not to mention '72S may be the most desirable ever made. That oil filler door carries a lot of cred.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    EDIT: not to mention '72S may be the most desirable ever made. That oil filler door carries a lot of cred.
    It only carries cred if no one mistakes the oil tank for the gas tank....

Theres is some one i think on the board who has a veryy nice 73 S for sale, he wants i belive 40 K, the car is inmaculate,from the pics that i saw, but it has the S eats and many other original extras. Just get in and drive, and i do not have any affiliation to the owner, just a very nice car, ahh cal car too, live in cal also.