Thread: 1970 911 S barn find for sale

1970 911 S barn find for sale

1970 Porsche 911 S 2.2 Coupe

It is with a heavy heart that I have to bring myself to sell my barn find that I rescued earlier this year. My family is my #1 priority and I just flat out don’t have enough time to keep this car and do her justice. I’ve come to the conclusion that I finally have to make an adult decision and think with my head instead of my heart when it comes to cars. I have a mid year so I will still be a Porsche owner but at this time I can’t justify having 4 cars and 2 drivers, and having another restoration project in the mix. Financially I am not able to do the car justice and would like to see it go to a good home. With all that said let’s get to the car.
    The car was last registered in 1986 in SC. I found the car parked in a 3 sided carport earlier this year. I bought the car with the full intention of keeping it forever as I thought it was a really good candidate for restoration. I have done nothing to this car except wash it, put new tires on it, and tow it to our new house. As I side note the car was found in SC but I am located in Martinsburg, WV, about an hour and ½ from both Washington DC and Baltimore, MD. The car is a 1970 911 S NON-sunroof Coupe. The gentlemen I bought it from was the second owner so technically I am the third, and you will be the fourth. The car has a clear title which list it as a 1970 S. The VIN is 9110300952. The motor ID # is 911/02 and the motor serial # is 6301159.

Good
    -911 S
    -2.2 S motor
    -The motor turns over by hand, but I have not changed any fluids from the car, nor have I tried to crank the car for not knowing what problems need to be addressed.
    -Non-sunroof Coupe
    -H4 headlights
    -Bilsteins in rear and Konis up front
    -Interior in very nice shape
    -NO dash cracks
    -Door panels and pockets are in pretty good shape, not excellent but nice, and I have a spare pocket to include if interested
    -65XXX miles
    -New tires
    -Ducktail—fiberglass with license plate lights
    -Super solid floors except for one section in the front trunk (see pics)
    -Weber carbs
    -Wooden floor boards are in good shape
    -Chrome push bar to run between the rear bumperettes
    -Also included are many extra parts, rubber seals, gears, wheel bearings, chorme side mirror, and a replacement door for the passenger side.
    -I’ve also got a set of 15X6 Fuchs that could be included. These are regular sixes not deep ones.
    -Also is plain decklid, I do not think that it is aluminum because a magnet sticks to it, but it is covered in bondo. I have 1 rough standard decklid and one good one of my 76 that may be included if needed.

Bad
    -Not run in 18-20 years
    -No Fuchs just cookies but like I said I have a set
    -Front trunk in front of the gas tank needs to be replaced. The rust hasn't worked its way into the battery boxes yet, but its headed that way (see pics)
    -small rust areas on hood, and passenger fender
    -paint bubbling on drivers door, fender, rear bumper
    -has Webers but no MFI, I think the MFI may still be in the guys attic but my chances of getting it are slim
    -I threw out the front mats and carpet because they stunk, but you can see that the floors are solid
    -Previous owner replaced the chrome driver side mirror with flag copies on both sides. I have a chrome one, but its square and not circular, which I think the s had a circle mirror all of which is included
    -I was also told that the original color of the car is not red, but blue. From the decklid it looks like a light blue but I do not have confirmation of the correct color

The car is now in my garage and I can take pictures for interested parties. I’d like to see this car go to a good home and see that it is restored properly. The car must be picked up at my residence and I will help load it. If a long distance buyer wants to have the car shipped out of DC or Baltimore that can be arranged but extra cost will be added. Essentially what you are looking at is the exact condition that I found it in the barn, just with a bath. I towed the car to WV this past weekend, on a car dolly and it had no problems over the 400+ mile trip. I know price, price, well based on what little I know of project S’s being sold recently I am going to list the car at $12,000 OBO. If this is high make me an offer, it’s hard to put a price on a project like this, and be advised that I am not set in stone. Obviously if you are interested in buying the Fuchs I have then the price will fluctuate. Serious buyers only please. I am going to post the car here and at a couple of other locations. I am going to do everything to keep this car off evilbay and in the hands of a Porsche lover.

Please contact me by pm or at:

bigdaddyo98@hotmail.com

Thank you
    Ryan

Well this is the pic it will let me upload. There are about 20 over on Pelican. Sorry about that extra click. By the way I know you guys are the experts on these things, is my price fair? Should have asked earlier huh?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=292847
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1970 911 S Barnfind/Work in progress
    1976 911 S Ducktailed Targa with a 3.0 (I know...I know...mid year,but I love her too.)

Detailed pics of the undercarriage also added to pelican.
    1976 911 S Ducktailed Targa with a 3.0 (I know...I know...mid year,but I love her too.)

SOLD pending payment.