Thread: Its really hot and humid! Yuck!!

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!

Its really hot and humid! Yuck!!

Its really hot and humid! When I put Webers in my 911 myself I didn't put the a/c condensor back b/c it wouldn't fit. The Webers were too tall. Where should it go on a car with Webers?

don
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    1969 911S
    1981 911SC

Weber manifold height.

Hello: I think you must have the tall Weber style manifolds. If this is true then you will have to either run a shorter velocity stacks and air cleaners on your Rainshields. If you are still using the factory airbox then all you can do is run the factory shorter manifolds or install a whaletail. With the whaletail you can put the condenser inside the tail. If you don't want to do that then you will need the shorter factory manifolds. If the manifolds don't match the heads you have you will have to do what I do and bore the manifolds out on the Bridgeport mill. Good luck. Thanks Eric

You could run an aftermarket condenser like the ones from Griffith's/Kuehl; they fit in the rear tire well.

Pelican links
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

one griffiths condenser in the left wheel well is not enough. you MIGHT be able to get away with two.
    There are lots of ways to do this - everyone has their favorite, but it comes down to IF you want to clear up the space in the engine compartment you will need much more capacity for a condenser elsewhere- there was a large amount of air flow from the engine fan sucking the air thru the original condenser.
    Scott's Porsche / Performance Aire makes a large oversize static condenser that fits on the bottom of the car. Coupled with the front condenser (which has a fan) , and a PRO Cooler (replaces receiver drier) , you can most likely get away with no rear condenser at all. Because of the loss in ground clearance < not much but every car and daily driving situations are different, some people do not like this option.

ICE in San Diego makes a left front fender condenser with fan assembly. You tell them what year car you have and they can make a unit to fit there. Couple this with the 2 griffiths rear fender condensers and now you have a lot of hose fittings, extra wiring, extra work BUT a very usable system with regards to ground clearance and efficiency. ICE could probably make you rear fender condensers as well.

Besides the condensers there are the other components to consider replacing. Evaporator unit (smugglers box), compressor (the later Sanden and Seltec units take less effort from the engine to operate) , PRO Cooler - or receiver drier, and of course the condition of the hoses, fittings, expansion valve, condition of ducting.

I've been told that you can even modify and install a C2 963 front a/c condenser and fan in the left front- requires cutting out the battery box on a long hood. Have not tried it yet- we may soon
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR