Thread: Separation

Separation

I've got this 5spd dogleg 901 tranny 'stuck' to a 2.7L engine and for the life of me can't seem to separate the two. The clutch arm is seized as well. I'm assuming it's the throwout bearing that's causing this mostly? There was an article in the Up-Fixen der Porsche about using a set of allen head bolts inserted thru the starter hole and cranking them fairly evenly, but was wondering if anyone has any better/easier solutions. Anyone BTDT????
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

901 tranny removal.

Hello: If you have the 70-71 901 type tranny this is an easy way to remove it. Remove the starter from the transmission. Then you will start to remove the pressure plate bolts a little at a time. You will have to rotate the flywheel to get them all. Once they are all the way out you can just pull the two apart. This method is alot easier than the factory method. Good luck. Thanks Eric

Ha, thanks Eric. I'll giver a go and see what comes of it. I haven't even tried to see if the engine will turn over (see my marvel mystery oil thread...dang engine was full of water and pukey oil).
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Just pull the release arm and spin the throw-out bearing until the "flats" come past the fork......
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Can't...release arm is seized.
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Break free.

Paul: You may have top find someone with a cutting torch to cut the release arm off. If this is the route you must take find another arm first. I had to do this once. Another time I just took the pistons and cylinders off the engine case. I had to break some of the pistons to save the cylinders though. Oh well have fun. Thanks Eric

I'm moving slowly on this so as not to make major errors and destroy hard to find components (well, $$$$ components anyways...ya knows whats I means). I'll figure it out somehow.
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330