So here's the deal…

I commute home most every day the same way to the West San Fernando Valley by way of our overtaxed freeway system…
Last Thursday I noticed I had to start slowing for my well used West bound off ramp WAY ahead of time… the long uphill off ramp was slammed and evening rush hour exiting traffic was filling the right line of the freeway for about 1/4 of a mile…. Of course out of the many of us who were impacted there were the unaware-unprepared-few that came up on this right lane slowdown at about 70 MPH… with almost catastrophic results…

The problem was a missed cued traffic light at the top of the exit… instead of a 20 second green to clear the ramp, the sequencing had screwed up so the green was about 4 seconds….

This happened again on Friday … This time there were about 3 VERY NEAR misses around me… and by Monday I had had enough...

I called West Valley CalTrans Traffic Control on Tuesday morning, and of all things, got a REAL person…. He said he'd look into it and asked for my name and #.

The off ramp was flowing like normal that Tuesday evening … and all was fine yesterday as well…

This morning I called to tell them what ever it was, was fixed… A new guy answered… I asked what the hell was the initial problem? … he told me to hold… came back on the line and said it was a computer-to-relay glitch in downtown L.A. … I asked how many calls and complaints had they received? … he told me to hold… he came back and asked "Are you Miller?" … I said yeah… he said "you were it" ...

He said "This happens all the time, people think the next guy will do it, or there is no one to call, or what ever… But, the bottom line is if we don't know about it - we can't fix it"

… and so it goes ........