Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1965 356C Coupe FS or Trade for SWB

1965 356C Coupe FS or Trade for SWB

Porsche People,

Within the next week or two, I will be listing my extremely nice, unmolested, survivor, Champagne Yellow/Black Coupe, #219682, for sale on eBay (100% perfect feedback on 230 "feedbacks"). This is a numbers matching, accident-free and rust-free one-repaint car that has been garaged its entire life in the San Jose area. I have the original bill of sale, C of A, all keys, complete and correct (with Klein screw-drivers and Messko for example) toolkit, jack, correct white dial Frankfurt transistor radio (just restored) and correctly configured 356C engine and original correctly date-stamped chrome wheels in great shape. This car is a very nice driver and could be easily restored to concours condition. The paint is good and chrome excellent. The repaint was several years ago and there is no rust or bubbling-there is a tiny hole in the very corner of the battery box. We have a recent appraisal by Bruce Anderson for $27,000..
    Would like to trade for a SWB coupe in similar conditon or sell outright. Thanks for looking and please pass on to those who might be interested. Will assist with logistics for overseas shipping. We are happy to sell or trade before we put on eBay. Once on eBay, the auction will run its course.
    -Allen-

More information

Porsche 356 fans!

Thanks for a number of private messages with questions. Here is Bruce's appraisal. Note the incorrect Webers have been replaced with original Zeniths at great expense and time
    http://members.aol.com/handlarebay/Apprasial.doc

These are all the images I can supplynow. According to the original Bill of Sale this C came with a dealer installed radio. We've installed a correct OEM radio and the pic here hasn't been yet updated. I'll try and get more pics this weekend. Thanks for all your interest.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

What is the build date of the car?? Thanks.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Build date, more

Eade,

The production completion date is 08/19/64. Also included in the sale, of course is an excellent Driver's Manual (no smudges, tears or rips, almost like new) date June 1964. Thanks.
    -Allen-

black/yellow plates

do you still have the original black/yellow license plates issued when the car was new?
    what kind of tires?
    how's the headliner?
    alan

Plates and headliner

Hi Alan,

No the car has Blue CA Plates, one 2nd owner, I'm the fourth, "upgraded" the black plates. The headliner is excellent.

-Allen-

Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Eade Hopkinson
    What is the build date of the car?? Thanks.
    Eade, you need a CAB....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Price Information

I've had several queries as to pricing as I guess finding someone who wants to trade is difficult. I'm asking $30,000 as, in this case, I feel Bruce's apprasial is low since it doesn't take into account significant "betterment" since he looked at the car in March. Also, as most of you know the 356 and early 911 market is strong-cars like this a truely rare.Thanks for your interest.

-Allen-

More pics and a video

Here is a brief vid after the engine has been put back in (allow time for AOL load)

http://members.aol.com/handlarebay1/Zeniths.mvi

And here are two new pics.

It is 100+ degrees F today. So, no more work. Pool time! Thanks for looking.

-Allen-

Sold

356 and 911 Fans,

The car is sold and the new owner is in San Diego area. Thank you all for your interest. I am still looking for a nice SWB coupe. Cash buyer

-Allen0