Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total 911 R Gruppe Article

Total 911 R Gruppe Article

Current issue of Total 911 has an article on R Gruppe and the Sonoma Treffen. Good pictures, nice article. Almost impossible to scan and post as muchof text is superimposed over photographs.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Thanks for the heads up!

'72 911T 3,0 liter MFI Albert Blue street/DE toy Jeff Higgins's Avatar
    Yeah, great article and an ever-improving magazine as well. I have suscribed since the third or fourth issue and really like it. At first they re-hashed a lot of old Excellence articles, running the same photos and everything, in an effort just to get some content. Now it looks like all their own stuff. Their staff is growing, and they seem to "get it" as far as 911's are concerned. There was also a good article on a '67 S in the same issue, where it was presented quite well in its proper historical context. For those of you that don't subscribe yet, check it out; I bet you like it.
    "God invented whisky so the Irish wouldn't rule the world."

I used to buy this at the local newstand - now nobody seems to carry it!

Total 911

There is also an article on a very nice Albert Blue 911 S. I thought the R Gruppe article was great and quite thorough..

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Nice Work Oregon Boy's

Congrats Oregon boy's.

Very nice blurb about Rainman Jeff Smith and "Master Builder" Jeff Gamroth. Nice reward for allot of hard work and $$$$.

Steve Thayer's work of art was described with a nice photo of the 3.8 stuffed into his RSR clone.

Barrett's Yellow Turbo was there favorite. The appreciation of the exhaust tone should bring up some great memories for all who attended.

The demise of the Black 3.8 Monster was made public on this Form only. The editor must be a Registry watcher, he made reference to the accident in the article.

They also had a nice bit of advertising for the Early S Registry and the RGruppe. They posted the Web Sites at the bottom of the article.

Great press is always appreciated.

Great Magazine and a really nice article.

This article has gotten me motivated. Work has started on the re-creation of the Black 3.8. It will be ready by next year.

What month issue has the R gruppe article? I found July Total 911 in a bookstore, but it did not have the article.
    Bill Cilker, Jr.
    Gold 72 911S
    31 Ford Model A
    PCA, Early S Registry (#98) & RGruppe (#272)
    Rotarian

August. Yellow Ninemeister 911 on cover.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Quote Originally Posted by WHCJr72S
    What month issue has the R gruppe article? I found July Total 911 in a bookstore, but it did not have the article.
    Stores like Borders typically get the UK and Euro mags in mid month of the issue month. So we can expect the Aug issue around Aug13 for stocking at the local chains. That's how it was explained to me by a bored underachieving thirtysomething at my local Borders.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

"That's how it was explained to me by a bored underachieving thirtysomething at my local Borders."

I believe that's an employment requirement.