Thread: Removing seat back?

912->911 conversion

Removing seat back?

I'm trying to remove the seat back on my 69 912 (regular seats) and I've got 3 of the 4 screws out, and the fourth just turns and turns and turns. I don't want to damage the recliner mechanism so any tipes for disassembly? Of course, it's the lower screw on the inboard side

My seat back has been loose, and it looks as though peering in the hole, the backing nut is missing on the bottom one. Anyone BTDT for a R&R on the screw plates?

Trying to get this fixed before we leave for Portland next Friday!

TIA,
    Keith
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

Keith...

you have to remove the seat to fix. However, as I recall, the large chrome screws will not damage the sliding or reclining funtions of the seat at all. You may lean a bit though. I recommend taking one from your passenger side. Let her lean left then. Discliamer: those seats are over engineered. Once out, you will see what you need to do.

Tough to explain with a keyboard. Shawn.

edit: And, I have two sets of "Factory Workshop Manuals": both sets are Original 1970 binders in English and "Reparaturleitfaden" (German). No help when I pulled my seats. Once you do it you learn alot. S.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

912->911 conversion
    Thanks Shawn - I had to remove the seat and remove the seat cover to get to the nut that had broken loose. Not the ideal fix, but it's back together now and tight as a drum. No I can REALLY feel how uncomfortable these seats are. Maybe Stefan will take pity on me
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

I knew that...

...you would do it. Keith, I did not provide the seat belt brain twister though. Did, you unbuckle the belt?

Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399