Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: maintenance record

maintenance record

Anyone have any pictures of what these look like inside and out? Particularly I'm wondering about WKD431412. Thought it would be fun to start out with a fresh one after my '72 restoration since I don't have any prior records and every single part will be new or refurbished. Looks like they're still available.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Did a search before posting, and found my question exactly in a six year old thread.... Like Bill G. above wonders, does anybody know if the newly printed maintenance records you can buy from Porsche match the originals from back in the day? I am thinking of buying one in German for my originally Germany delivered car but like to know if there is a difference. I have asked Porsche about getting some pictures of it, but no luck.

http://www.porsche.com/international...calliterature/

I had the same idea and ordered one about a year and a half ago. Still waiting for it to arrive
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Kent, that is not cool. I just ordered one by chance and hoping that it matches the original "Pflegepass" in design, and that it not takes forever to appear. I will let you guys know what it looks like when it arrives.

There exists a replacement paper booklet-dark red cover, issued by the factory a few years (1975ish) later for pre74 owners who had a P car and lost the maintenance/warranty booklet. This is most likely the one still advertised/sold on their site.

As for the original maintenance booklet "Pflegepass" with its burgundy vinyl folder; nope, I dont think so its available.
    Maybe a project to do for member Carl Bauer who sells well done remakes.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 11-24-2012 at 07:33 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Name:  Pflegepass72US.JPG
Views: 628
Size:  38.3 KB

This pic is from a US Maintenance record for a 1972 car that I found online (here I think). Can anyone post a pic or have a link to show how the same pages looks like in a German Pflegepass for the same year?

Tomas
    Last edited by tomlin; 01-14-2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Spelling

This was an interesting thread.
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vie...hp?f=2&t=41486

I did buy a set - they are fabulous.

If the burgundy cover is not re-made, i believe (though stand to be corrected) that the 914 Maintenance Record burgundy cover is the same ... and these can be bought cheaply on ebay
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

maintenance book

Just like Kentf14 I ordered a Maintenance book from the local Porsche dealership in November of 2011. I had almost forgotten about it, and given its modest cost of about $45.00 I didn't think too much it & figured that one day it would show up.

Well, low and behold I got a call from the dealership yesterday that the booklet came in. Its very nice, but it is not the US Maintenance booklet that we all have seen. I think it may be the European booklet that was used?

I have attached 3 pictures of the new booklet, and one picture of the correct US Maintenance book.

Probably still worth the modest cost.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

The replacement Maintenance record booklet that I ordered (?) from Porsche never showed up, so I decided to try and make a reproduction of the original Pflegepass for the German market for myself.

Name:  Skärmavbild 2015-05-09 kl. 14.06.55.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  95.1 KB
    Last edited by tomlin; 05-23-2015 at 01:13 AM.

Just noticed that Aase Sales is now selling reproductions of the Maintenance record (for the US market). Repro covers has been available for some time.

http://www.aasesales.com/collections...m66-39g-105945

http://www.aasesales.com/collections...e68-52t-105946