Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paint and Body Work in L.A. Area

Paint and Body Work in L.A. Area

Any recommedations for quality shops that really know these cars and will do an outstanding job, on time, for a fair price in the Los Angeles area? TIA.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Shops

Quote Originally Posted by J-P
    Any recommedations for quality shops that really know these cars and will do an outstanding job, on time, for a fair price in the Los Angeles area? TIA.
    Well, you could probably get 2 out of the 3, but all 3? THAT'S gonna be tough.

Jean Paul, call me about my seats that are sitting at St. Clair's. I wanna move 'em, so if you're still interested, let's talk $$$$.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    What level paint job are you looking for? Sand down to bare metal concours see your car in a year paint job? Are a very good respray that will impress friends and neighbors but not a real paint snob?
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

How About Both

How about both versions and I can check them out? Thanks.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Your Seats

Stacy, I don't have your number, if you would like to PM me that info.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

paint job

hello J P; Try Braces auto body in Culver City -ddWithout body work $5-6000 WITH Glasurt German paint (thats important) been doing porsches for 35 years. Mine took 3 months. Regards Chris Early Sregistry

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2
    hello J P; Try Braces auto body in Culver City -ddWithout body work $5-6000 WITH Glasurt German paint (thats important) been doing porsches for 35 years. Mine took 3 months. Regards Chris Early Sregistry
    Brace does very good work.

He did my car in 1983 and has done minor repairs (spoiler repairs X 3) etc. for me over the years since. His shop foreman/manager Gary can be a bit of a pain. I have not seen his new location in CC but I'm sure he will continue to put out the same quality
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

what kind of prep work do you get for $5-6K? would that include taking the original paint off? glass out? etc.
    thanks, thomas

prep work - paint shop

Hello -- Brace auto body prep is doors off, glass out, window frames off of doors, knows to leave the door hinges alone and remove doors with hinge pins.After wet sanding and using little if any filler( the filler I saw on mine was the size of a pencil eraser); he uses epoxy primer and to your taste a single stage paint or clear coat over color. Jose I think is still there and has assembled cars for 25 years and knows how which is almost as importaqnt as the sprayer. Regards Chris 70 S Early Sreg. #205

thanks chris. my car has an inch's worth of paint and is pretty gloppy. ill need to take the car down to metal before i can change the 90's teal to the metallic green it needs to become. do you think some pf the prep work can be done by a do-it-yourselfer? im just afraid that after i take paint off to metal it will start to corrode. is it just a better bet to let the shop do all the prep?
    thanks for your advice, tom (also a 70s)