Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1973 Rs #406

1973 Rs #406

It is amazaing what all you want to be owners of my vehicle have to say and derogatory comments, which have been made publically without any knowledge of this vehicle, especially by two senior members of this web page.This is a Touring model upgraded to lightweight specs in 1982. The engine compartment and trunk compartment was undercoated at that time, which is not original. The car was used for racing sport and not Concourse events.
    #1 The car was never inspected by any of these talkers here in the US or Germany as the claim. #2 I will show the car here at local club meetings in the future. My phone nubmer is 707-431-2239. Contact me with any questions.
    #3 The complete history of this car is known. It was always a German car with full documentation, within a 100 miles of Bonn/Germany. The car was used in racing sport and club sport events. In Germany the KFZ Brief stays with the vehicle and new owners are registered in it, when it sells. I still have the KFZ -Brief which makes me the legal owner of every vehicle with this Chassis #.
    #4 Of course the VIN plate is not original . It is even from a later type not to fool anyone. If you would know the history of the vehicle, which you don't, you would know why.
    #5 The vehicle still has original lightweight panels, though one rear fender and one front fender has been changed. Everything else is still orginal, incl number matching engine & transmission.
    #6 Car was inspected in Germany by Porsche 12 months ago and to be found authentic!!
    #7 Japanese replica was wrong colour, no sunroof as per build sheet and the SELLER has now confirmed, that it did not have original engine nor transmission.!!! E-mail in my posession. WAKE UP FOOLs. It was originally offered for 20.000 US$.

In general 1500 cars were build, Half of them destroyed in motorsport and you now find around 3500-4000 cars worldwide (Mainly replicas from Japan and Italy-most ended on the US market) . Lucky for those who have orignal engine and transmission, because this is the only way in the future to authenticate. Not the myth about secret decoding numbers and all this nonsense. I know a 73 RS vehicle winning concours events in the US , which got totalled in 1974. Pictures existing.

I have decided not to sell it and keep it with my other RS and RSR.

Accident damage and repairs are certainly understandable with this type of car. From an educational point of view, maybe you can help some of us out regarding the ID stampings. On your 406, the font and spacing of the numbers for both the primary ID stamped in the trunk and the engine stamp are completely different from other early 911s. Did Porsche have an explanation for you when you questioned them on this during your original purchase?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think I'd be in denial too if I just saw my investment drop 75% (if he's lucky).
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

this is scarey stuff
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

It is even scarier if fraud has been committed. Then the police detectives will go to work.

If the car was fraudulently sold to Anton/mvp then he needs to get the police involved. If he turns around and sells the car fraudulently then they will go to work on him.

And since the price is rather high, the police will give it a pretty high priority. I expect the California Attorney General's Office to get involved also at some point.

The only other possibility is that it's real. There is still some chance of that but soem questions need to be answered to establish it.

Shot in the Dark

I'll give him $10,000 bucks for the car right now, no questions asked, and settle this matter!
    J-P
    S Registry #949

J-P
    Be careful!!! If the NICB gets involved, the car with the fraudulent VIN
    will be impounded and held for investigation.
    The ultimate outcome might be for it to be re-vinned and re-titled.
    Many cars with VIN alterations are merely destroyed. I worked closely with them at one of my previous jobs.
    Mike B.
    1972 911E #414
    Early S #1065

This is a Touring model upgraded to lightweight specs in 1982. The engine compartment and trunk compartment was undercoated at that time, which is not original. The car was used for racing sport and not Concourse events.
    This seems backwards to me. Is it common to undercoat race cars, and if so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03
    this is scarey stuff
    It's scary but true.

"When you buy an old car you buy all the previous owners."

This situation is an incredible example of this statement.

1972 911 T 2.5S Albert Blue
    1965 230SL White Ivory
    1959 MGA Orient Red