Thread: Repairing an S Tub

Repairing an S Tub

Four years ago I acquired a 1970 911S tub for a song. The VIN indicates it was originally a Porsche body coupe. The tub is far from perfect, having had some poor repair work, it appears to have had a replacement roof installed (maybe it rolled) and it had a rear impact.

My question: who are the recommended expert craftsman specializing in early 911s that could look at some high quality photos and determine if the tub can be repaired for a reasonable price? I know this is asking a lot, as this really requires personal inspection, but there aren't any such experts in my area. Perhaps a few photos showing the obvious flaws would eliminate this tub from rebuild consideration.

I'd hate to junk the tub only to find someone later that could have repaired it for a reasonable price...

Thanks in advance.

Hello: I would just post some of the pics here to see what everyone thinks. Any car can be repaired it just comes down to cost and time. I've seen some great do it yourself rustorations that just took alot of time but not much money. Thanks Eric

Similar Threads

1. Repairing Kienzle Clock
    By bobmagyar in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-22-2023, 05:03 AM
  2. Sprucing up/repairing the wiring harness
    By Silverbullit in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 09:34 PM
  3. Repairing an Alloy Decklid
    By LongRanger in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 7