Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 71 911e

71 911e

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...EWA%3APIC&rd=1

Any comments on this one. I have been looking for either a 72 coupe or a SWB coupe. Olive color looks really nice. Any ideas on this one. Any one know this car before I touch base with the owner.

Max,
    Your posting title indicates 71, but I am guessing that you meant 72, right?
    As for the car, it looks nice. The seats look very saggy, but that is the curse of all early non sport Porsche seats. The brown leather looks comfortably worn on them though.
    The paint color is pretty rare, which may make it more appealing to collectors, but it is not a color that I am crazy about, otherwise I would be bidding against you.
    In my opinion, the car looks to be a nice example, and it will be interesting to see what a decent 2.4E coupe is worth right now with the big jump in early 911 cars, and the recent cooling off.

Does anyone know if those those large sun roofs (as this car has) are factory or dealer installed?

Alan.UK

I think the seller is a poster on the Mother Ship under the same name.
    Mike B.
    1972 911E #414
    Early S #1065

This car

I've had some dealings with the seller over the last few years, and bought some parts from him. He's a straight shooter and a good guy. I LOVE the color, and it's tempting....Alas, I'm NOT looking for another car...(repeat after me, 3 times....)

I have not seen this car, but I would say you could bid with confidence knowing the seller. That said, PPI, PPI, PPI, PPI.....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman
    I LOVE the color, and it's tempting....Alas, I'm NOT looking for another car...(repeat after me, 3 times....)
    Who are you trying to convince??

e

More cars

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    Who are you trying to convince??

e
    IF I were looking, I might run find something like this, and be VERY tempted....

http://www.theaircooledguys.com/Inve...7/Default.aspx
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman
    IF I were looking, I might run find something like this, and be VERY tempted....

http://www.theaircooledguys.com/Inve...7/Default.aspx
    Okay, so if I buy this, and trade you for your Irish Green Cab, are we close
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I like this one myself. The olive green is really cool. But I've got two green 911's. A 65 and a 70S. Both Irish green which I am partial to. But this one has me thinking.
    Tom