Thread: WTB: Euro 911S Plastic Fuel Tank

WTB: Euro 911S Plastic Fuel Tank

Looking for a plastic fuel tank, 85 liter I believe, that came on the European Spec 72S. TIA.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Budget?

JP, what's your budget? You can get a perfect one, immediately,
    for $4500+, or shop around forever-and-a-half and find one for $1500-$2000.

Neither of the above examples would be from me, I don't have an extra one. They DO pop up every now and then on EBAY and Pelican. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. I'm sure you know, you'll need some brackets, and a few other odds and ends to install.

P.S. I did the same thing to my '72S.... Euro'ed it. Good luck in your search.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

I have a NOS front bracket if that helps.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Plastic Fuel Tank

Stacy, not that I want to spend that much, but where are they immediately available? Thanks for the look-out. Also, could you e-mail me some pics of your install when time permits?

Rick, I've sent you a PM regarding your bracket. Thanks.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Tanks

JP, a friend has (had maybe by now) 1 that he was asking $4500 for. He's loca, I can call him for you if you want me to find out if he still has it. I didn't mean to imply that there was some secret stash of them available for that price. I only know of 1. They are pretty hard to find, requires patience. I wouldn't pay that much tho.

The brackets are not hard to find, I had a friend that was making them, and I think a few people have them, that shouldn't be a problem. You'll need the rubber hose that runs to the filler neck, the large 'washer' that fits on top of the tank, a couple of filters, a different sending unit (I think, maybe not), maybe a few other odds and ends. I'll try and take some pics. St. Peter installed it for me...He's got brackets too.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

I have a very nice one in my secret stash that I would take $3,200 for. Thanks.

Don

What are the benifits of using a plastic tank? Is it that much lighter? Seems the price would out way the benifits. Sounds really cool though. -Scott