Het Curt,

That's nifty stuff. I was 15 in 1960 and much of my study hall time was spent with Hot Rod magazine, Car Craft and Rod & Custom. A '32 Roadster highboy with flathead power and a Halibrand quick change woul have to wait for 40 years, but I was so into rods, customs and drag racing at the time that I felt as though I knew those guys. I immediately recognized the guy climing out (or in) the twin nailhead Buick dragster as Tommy Ivo. He later ran a four engined car with four-wheel drive, but it was not successful except for (smoky) exibitions. When I last visited the NHRA Museum, Tommy's Buick powered T-bucket was in the hall. Two of the guys mentioned were Jack and Art Chrisman - Art still runs a speed shop in the L.A. area, builds great hot rods and specializes in building Ardun (Arkus Duntov designed) OHV conversions out of Henry's flatheads. Art can be found most Saturday mornings lookin' over the variety of hot rods at the Donut Derilicts gathering in Huntington Beach. Many of the early hot rod guys went on to high profile careers in other forms of motorsport - Dan Gurney comes to mind first - and also manufacturing, such as Vic Edelbrock and Dean Moon.

Thanks for the Cool link

Jim