Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody got pictures of 69S engine compartment?

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!

Anybody got pictures of 69S engine compartment?

I am about to put my 69S engine back in the car. Its been out since about October and have done a partial engine rebuild and complete tranny rebuild. I hate wiring diagrams but am worried I won't remember where all the wires go. I have replaced the MFI with Webers. Anybody got pics showing the engine compartment wiring? Thanks in advance.

Don
    __________________________________________________ ________
    1969 911S
    1981 911 SC

I'm subscribing to this thread out of interest for my car. I'd shoot photos of my car, but it is so obviously not factory that I don't think it would offer you much. Perhaps Clyde could help?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Wiring pics.

Hello: I have a 69 T engine out right now if that will help? Let me know. Thanks Eric

Eric,
    Yes it would, since my engine does not have MFI anymore. Regards, Don

FWIW, I'd love to see an engine comaprtment w/ MFI.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

OK I will take some pics today and post them later on of an MFI engine bay.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Kenik,

I know of an preservation class 69E that I can take all the pictures you need when you need them. Should be 95% the same as the S.

69s have a unique wiring harness system as well as electrical panel on the drivers side.
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

With apologies for hijacking the post, but speaking of 1969 engine compartments:

Were the deck lid hinges painted black or body color? I am in the process of reassembling my 1969 912 and given the layers of paint on the hinges, I can not tell what was original. The car was originally Irish Green, but it looks like the underside of the hinge base might have a bit of black overspray from the factory.

Second question: What is the best rattle-can approximation of engine compartment black?

Thanks

John, proud member # 322
    73 S with sportomatic and 69 912/5 in pieces

Black semi-gloss.

Hello; The hinges should be a semi flat/gloss color. You can use any semi gloss paint- Krylon,Rustolium SEV etc. You can also use a brush on semi gloss as well. It takes less masking off. You can get these paints from home centers and auto paint stores. Hope this helps. Thanks Eric

No problem. I await the pics.