Thread: Sports Weber factory setup.

Sports Weber factory setup.

Hello: I have the parts to convert your Weber 40 IDA/s carbs into the sports setup as per the factory sports manual. The kit includes the main jets,idle jets,venturis and air correction jets. This kit is meant to be put on the rally and road race cars with the 2.0 engine. I also have the same setup for converting your 2.0 911T for track and rally but made for the T. Each kit will be $180 shipped conus. Thanks Eric

What specs are the parts Eric?
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Hello; Cam this is the setup for the sports race setup that Porsche used to sell as a kit. This the same parts as you would get in the kit. Thanks Eric

Eric-

I am considering converting the IDS carbs on my 2.0S engine to the "sport" configuration, along with a sport muffler, which is the other part of the conversion to complete the improvement of engine "breathing" to achieve the increased HP, according to my understanding, but I am hesitant to use the same jetting as specified by the factory in 1967 for use with modern day fuels, especially regarding the radically different RVP numbers and octane ratings of today's unleaded fuel formulations.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts and those of any of the other experts on the forum regarding this issue (Steve W., are you out there?) I have already had to use larger idle jets in my stock IDS carbs to run well on the cat-pi$$ 91 octane we get here in CA, so I am hesitant to buy a jetting kit designed in 1967 that may not be appropriate in today's world. It seems to me that an update of these old specs is in order for proper operation with modern fuels. What has been your experience in applying these kits under current consitions?

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Tom: These kits were/are designed to give you more power by adding more fuel and air. The factory did not care about fuel economy or emissions. This kit works great with a sport muffler and headers or SSI's. You may have to adjust your ignition timing for the fuel you are using more than the jet sizes. I always check the mixture when adjusting the carbs anyways and have been working on carbs for 35 years or so. The kits are very close to perfect at up to 1000 feet or so. Hope this answers your questions. Thanks Eric

Thanks, Eric, I'll email you when I decide what I'm going to do. BTW, were the tall secondary venturis not specified in the sport manual? I don't see them in your list of the kit components.

Thx,
    TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Hello: They did use the tall secondary venturis on the 40IDA Webers back then. I have not tried the Webers on a dyno to see if there is any difference between the two. Hopefully one of these days. Thanks Eric