Thread: 356 Production Numbers

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar

356 Production Numbers

Does anyone have a resource that would document how many 1964 SC Sunroof Coupes were produced?

Appreciate your help. Thanks.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    Thanks, John but the 356 Registry only offers vague information, i.e. they don't identify how many '64's were SC's or how many had sunroofs, etc. Was hoping someone might have better detailed information.

BTW, I was born, raised and educated in KY but have never heard of Derby City, unless you are referring to Louavul, I'm lost?
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Ed...

Yep...Louisville

Which schools...

May be someone on the 356 Registry that you can email

John

The registry has pdf files, however, I'm not aware of any breakdown of coupe vs. cabriolet vs. roadster or if a car had a sunroof.

Brett Johnson might be of some assistance.

Good luck,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I am pretty sure that this information is not available (yet) since no one (that I know off) has yet gone through all the 78.000 kardex files.

What the registry does have is an extensive database of all 356 known in whatever condition around the world. Based on those data they can just estimate how many SC SR's were produced. And than of course are there SC's out there that got their SR after they left the factory.

Just my $.02

Richard

Sunroof numbers

I was trying to find that info for a '59 S/R I bought, but all I found in writing was:

"Approximately 5% of cars in any year had sunroofs fitted at the factory."

Quote Originally Posted by mjk911
    "Approximately 5% of cars in any year had sunroofs fitted at the factory."
    I think that is as close as you're gonna' get. Those sort of statistics simply were not kept. Body types and engine types, i.e. Normal, Super, S90, Carrera were well documented, but not accessory items other than the individual Cardex system such as Richard has noted.

Jim
    SWBGRUPPE
    Dues Paid Member #279