Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 911R front fenders source needed.

911R front fenders source needed.

Looking for a good quality source for front fiberglass fenders for my 67S race car. Anyone have good luck?

Thanks,

Erich

There may be others but GT Racing (http://www.gt-racing.com/) & Getty design (http://www.gettydesign.com/) both produce them.

I used GT Racing front wings (fenders) on my 911R-inspired car:

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Quote Originally Posted by andyjboy
    I used GT Racing front wings (fenders) on my 911R-inspired car:
    And a fine example it is!!!

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

By far, GT Racing has the best quality glass. Believe me, I researched this
    thoroughly for my 911.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steve

Rico - any updated pictures on your car ?
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Everytime I see pictures of one of those R clones I want one. Will you guys stop posting pictures.
    Phil

Hello: Those cars make me want to start my 911R project. It will be done on a my 70 S that is black now but will be returned to conda green. Keep the 911r alive! Thanks Eric

By far, GT Racing has the best quality glass. Believe me, I researched this thoroughly
    Just wondering. Did some one - by any chance - write a 'manual' which describes how to make that R replica. Which parts are needed, which suppliers to use for what, etc.

Thanks, Richard

Thanks for the help!

Erich

Richard: No one that I know of has written a manual on how to build a modern 911R replica. There are some great web sights out there. Porsche did offer a factory manual for the 911R though. If you do a search on here you may find out more. I hate to tell people to do that but it should help you. Glass pieces use GT racing,MA Shaw or Getty Design. Lights you will have to look around and see if you need originals or reproductions will work. The repos look great and cost alot less. The gas tank adaptor use Burns Stainless for the pipe extension. Fuel cap you can find on e-bay. Oil tank caps someone on here sells those. Hope this helps some. Thanks Eric P.S. maybe I sould right a book on how to build a 911R in my spare time.