Thread: Sunroof doesn't pop up in back

Sunroof doesn't pop up in back

Lucky Sunroof Folks,,

I've got a new Tangerine T with 74k original. The sunroof doesn't pop up in the back when it is closed. I took everything apart-it has the newer cables and all is clean and nice and back together.

At the end of the cables there is an adjustment U shaped nut that looks like it can be adjusted. Presently, the "nuts" are toward the end, that is making the tang the fatherest from the cable. Folks who know sunroofs I hope will understand this. What should I do? Is it too long and if I adjust the "nut" in will a get more leverage and the roof will pop up.

Is it correct that the tang is "sandwiched" either side by the little sheet metal pieces or should they both be on top of the tang. I think they should sandwich the tang and that is they way it is.

It will pop up if I press on the underside. Evertything seems fine. Alternatively, I could use a little more umph from the motor but it does seem to work fine.

Ideas? Thanks.

-Allen-

Sr

Hi Allen

I had the same problem with the SR on one of my 911's. On both sides, as you mention it, you can adjust the height. Don't extend the adjusters to the longest possible position (as one would expect). In the contrary, give them MORE slack. The levers/adjusters need more slack to to be able to tilt over at the end of their travel. By tilting over, the SR is pushed up to the correct position. You'll see, it works

Cheers,
    Mike
    Mike, member #841

That worked!

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot. This list is a GREAT source.

-Allen-