Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Doctor is back

The Doctor is back

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...QQcmdZViewItem

The good doctor who was trying to sell the fake RS #409 is back selling his '73E.
    Bad quality pictures again.
    Early S Registry #913

"Good" Doctor?

I went to look at this on Saturday.
    Let's see...how can I put this so as not to offend anyone...OK, here goes...this is not a very high quality car.

The photos could be better - quite dark and you can't make out the details. You really have to go take a look.

This car is from Wisconsin and was purchased there about a week ago. I was thinking about buying it, but owner confessed that it had bondo-patched rocker panels. That was enough to scare me away, and I would guess that it has other ailments typical of rust belt cars.

To say the car is being misrepresented is the understatement of the year. But what else can we expect from this "private collector/PCA member/judge"?

From Wisconsin...

Ah, that explains a lot. No license plate...wheels had the black parts repainted with a rattle can with big runs...I wondered at the time why the passenger door handle was so corroded and eaten away...but my "inspection" came to a quick end as soon as the trunk carpet pad was lifted...I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing, but it won't be very funny to someone who buys this. Someone needs to contact PCA and see if they can stop this "Doctor" from continueing to use this "PCA Judge" moniker in his ads.

I never saw the car, but from what you said I'm glad I passed and never went to look at it. Was very tempting at $12K though!

That rear license panel looks pretty special! Metal Shop 101?

Verrrry interestink...

He told me it was $22,000 when I went to look at it!!!...now that's some inflation rate...or I must really look stupid!!!

(It was also $22,000 on the Bay Area Craig's List Ad, where I originally found it).

talked to the good doctor today and he said it sold! guess it'll be off ebay tomorrow. did you happen to see his other cars??