Thread: any site for 65 911s ?

any site for 65 911s ?

I am trying to get some info about early 911 ,

I was told there was a 1965 sitting in a garage in Bakersfield ,
    but before I take the time to chase it down , are there any websites on the very early cars and which parts are impossible to find ?

Better to do my homework before the hunt

thanks for your help

Dave

Yep...this one.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Search under my name over on Pelican and use the term "SWB," I asked that very question.

Making a '65 run and drive is possible. Making it original is impossible. In between those two endpoints is where all the time and money is expended.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Quote Originally Posted by southbay356
    I am trying to get some info about early 911 ,

I was told there was a 1965 sitting in a garage in Bakersfield ,
    but before I take the time to chase it down , are there any websites on the very early cars and which parts are impossible to find ?

Better to do my homework before the hunt

thanks for your help

Dave
    If you have the serial number, I can give you some help, and who you can speak with about the early cars.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Careful, Eade might cut to the chase and just offer you a finder's fee.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

well I have not seen it yet ,

only a rumor right now so no serial # or GPS info

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    Careful, Eade might cut to the chase and just offer you a finder's fee.
    I already have 2 1964 911 models, I do not need another About 10 of us who do have them, and are in the process of restoring them, are putting together an email group, so when we run across parts we may not need, we can relay the information to the group, to see if they need any of the parts we have found. Parts for these early cars are REALLY hard to come by, so we felt we could all help one another. Remember, always restore, never crush
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Parts for these early cars are REALLY hard to come by
    Hi Eade,

Do you know whether the Solex intake manifolds of a 64/901 are of a different material than from the later one's?

Richard