Thread: WTB 71 911 Shift Knob

Question WTB 71 911 Shift Knob

Can anyone help me out. I am in need of an origional shift knob. I have tried everyone from Stoddard to Performance Products. Does anyone have one for sale....? Please help -Dave Ruwolf99@aol.com

901 Shift Knobs

Dave, I've been chasing them on Ebay for a year because I couldn't find any elsewhere. The nice ones will go for $140+, so be prepared.
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

i just bought a nos 915 knob from road & race from their ebay store.
    $119.00 + shipping. i believe they have the 901's also.
    Steve

I think I have one. I'll look in my treasure chest Monday and let you know. If you don't find one first of course.
    Bobby Smith

Shift knob

Sorry, did not have one
    Bobby

Dave,

Check out this guy on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Porsche-911-e...QQcmdZViewItem

I bought one a few months back. They are softer than the orginals and you have to go easy when putting them on. I'd suggest gluing it rather than using the crush washer. They do look great though. Although if you are after patina it mightn't be your thing.

Good luck
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Quote Originally Posted by skibovr6
    Can anyone help me out. I am in need of an origional shift knob. I have tried everyone from Stoddard to Performance Products. Does anyone have one for sale....? Please help -Dave Ruwolf99@aol.com
    Hi Dave,
    I have a nice original knob with the correct 901 5 speed dogleg pattern, but it was glued onto the shifter arm by the PO, and I can't get it off.
    The shifter arm is also good and has good chrome. If you are interested, I would be willing to sell you the complete shifter arm complete with the knob.
    PM me if interested.

I have one that has been in my glove box for years. Here are a few pics if anyone is interested. The glass has a crack that you cant feel but i took a pic at an angle so you can see it. It goes just below the R under the 4. The rest of the knob is in great shape.

Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images