Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: corduroy sport seats

corduroy sport seats

Can someone get me a picture of a correct corduroy insert sport seat. Thanks.
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Mike - these are not particularly good but will give you an idea.

These were the vinyl/cord sport seats in my '73 RS Touring 'conversion' :

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

headrest question

Andy, others,

From when on was the headrest (peanut style) used that you have in your car?

Richard

Mike,

Where are you located in Kentucky? I am in Cincinnati and have a set with the original cord inserts you can look at if you want to drop by.

John
    73 S with Sporto

Quote Originally Posted by 304678
    Andy, others,

From when on was the headrest (peanut style) used that you have in your car?

Richard
    Late '72 model year.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Andy, Thanks for the pictures.

John, Paducah...I've got to take these seats to the restorer tomorrow. Thanks for the offer though. I would like to see your car sometime, 73S Sporto...cool

Does anyone know the cord wale size 6 or 8 and the stitch seam distances ?
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Mike,

Sorry I missed the opportunity to talk with you in Paducah. My wife had me down to your Art District a while back. Although I think wives and art are wonderful, given a choice, I'm more inclined toward P-cars (at least compared to the art part).

Can I ask where you are getting your material. I have a second set of Sport seats I want to recover in vinyl/corduroy but nobody seems to have the right material. How do you measure wale size? By the number of seams per inch? If so, I can measure mine when I get home.

I am taking my son to Putnam Park this week-end with the Sporto for a DE. Fist time I've had the sporto on the track. Should be fun.

John, member #322

Mike - see this earlier thread on correct wale size for particular years:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...highlight=wale
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

John, I pm you.

It looks like I need a 5 - 6 wale cord for a 73 according to Eric on that thread. Does anyone know where I can get the material?
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

John-I also live in Paducah, Mike got me hooked on this message board. I took my 73 S/2.7RS engine sportomatic to road atlanta a couple years ago. It was great, the instructors were very interested in the sporto. You will make sporto converts there. My car performed great, but my oil temp got really high. Have fun-Bill Woods