Thread: Juicy bits on eBay (mine)

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au

Juicy bits on eBay (mine)

OK...now I am in selling mode after our big weekend...

I am not a squirrel; I do not need to hoard my stash. We are still tripping over stuff here; so out it goes! More to come too!

Performance heads and throttle bodies
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

86.7mm Mahle cylinders and pistons:

Motec throttle bodies:

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Throttle bodies

Lisa,

On the motec throttle bodies you say also includes "all plugs and adaptors to convert to MFI". By this do you mean that MFI injectors can be plugged into these throttle bodies or that the throttle body bases can be notched to clear MFI injectors in the standard location and the injector bungs on the TB's plugged?

Thanks,

Brooke
    Brooke
    1969 911 ST w/ 2.8SS
    1973 911 RS tribute with 3.3 turbo
    1970 914-6 w/ 2.2S (sold)
    1972 BMW M2 (sold)
    R Gruppe #338
    S Reg # 855

Quote Originally Posted by RSwannabe
    Lisa,

On the motec throttle bodies you say also includes "all plugs and adaptors to convert to MFI". By this do you mean that MFI injectors can be plugged into these throttle bodies or that the throttle body bases can be notched to clear MFI injectors in the standard location and the injector bungs on the TB's plugged?

Thanks,

Brooke
    "that the throttle body bases can be notched to clear MFI injectors in the standard location and the injector bungs on the TB's plugged?"

Exactly Brooke. I am trying to find some pics of these mounted on a twin plug engine we did a few years ago...they are around somewhere!

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

How bad is the shipping on the P/Cs to the States? Seattle. I assume the domes are for a 2.2 - 2.7 head? CR is 10.3:1 on 70.4mm crank?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by RSwannabe
    Lisa,

Thanks,

Brooke
    Buy 'em Brooke!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    Buy 'em Brooke!
    Heh-heh! Thanks Kenik...commission cheque's in the mail .

Seriously though, these throttle bodies and stacks cost a bomb about 15 years ago - they looked fantastic mounted up on a twin plug MFI engine (worked well too).

It's not easy freeing up some of this stock - like letting go of a security blanket for me. But I curse Dad every day for being such a hoarder and then I look at my kids and know I can't put them in my shoes. We're keeping the stuff we need or want (which is still plenty believe me!). Evilbay will be my best friend for the next few weeks ...except for the stuff that I think you guys may like to see first .

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    How bad is the shipping on the P/Cs to the States? Seattle. I assume the domes are for a 2.2 - 2.7 head? CR is 10.3:1 on 70.4mm crank?
    Kenik,

Quick estimate on shipping by Air Mail is around $120 US plus insurance. I can check if our Fedex costs would be cheaper but I don't think so. With ECI (Express Courier International) it's about $160 US plus insurance.

Quick history - these p & c's were imported from Andial through Hong Kong (duty reasons I think) by a customer for his project back in the 90s. We didn't order them; he did. Given that we built an engine using a 2.4 as a base (70.4mm crank) and got 12:1 compression without too much problem and with not a lot of head work I would say these pistons are the 11:1 version that Mahle made. Mind you, it all depends on the crank and the heads now doesn't it. I just can't verify it as it is long ago and I don't have the purchase records for the parts. We traded this set out of his engine when we built him a bigger one: 2.999L with 330 odd hp; huge torque, single plug MFI. Man do I want that engine .

They sat under the engine room bench for years, presumably well wrapped and cared for. Not happy when we pulled them out a while ago and found fins broken and one pot pitted .

FWIW piston dome height is 13mm. With a 'bump" like the 2.8s...

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

Brilliant! At 12:1 on a 70.4mm crank, do you think that 10.5:1 could be achieved with a 1mm deck height on a 66mm crank? Is the pitting on the interior of the cylinder on the nikasil?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Kenik,

Yes to the first question I think without a problem....and yes to the second. Honing won't cut it I'm afraid - no 5 pot needs replating just like the auction says.

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726