Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another RS for Sale - MINE!!!!!!!

Another RS for Sale - MINE!!!!!!!

Greetings to All,

My midlife crisis has returned, so I am now selling my Ruf and my RS to pursue other interests.

This for sale ad has a twist however: I know what the car is, and numerous West Coast early 911 gurus are quite familiar with it as well, so I am simply going to disclose everything I can about the car to the best of my abilities and then sit back and let the fireworks begin. I have thick skin so anybody is welcome to say whatever they want and if any of the comments merit a response, I will give it my best shot. So fire away - insult me, call my Mama names, question my manhood, call me a flipper, blah, blah, blah. Here goes:

This is RS #9113601334, which is a Viper Green Touring car, originally an Italian market car, imported to the US in 1985, restored in the late '80's by John Patarack, who is a PCA Concours judge. Superb paint, all new NOS touring trim, great heat exchangers, all the right bits & pieces (019 mfi pump, plastic tank, original ducktail, original spoiler, aluminum cross member etc.) Rust free, NO SIGNS of having ever been hit. The motor is a higher compression 2.8L specification, with a fully documented and fresh rebuild (read on). The car also has two nicely aged leather Recaro sport seats, proper 380mm steering wheel, correct Italian turn signal lenses, right turn signal housings, etc. Refinished 7's & 8's by Al Reed, new turn signal lenses, new tires, new rotors & pads, complete tool kit, perfect door pockets with new aluminum trim, new aluminum door sill trim with proper plastic rivets, cocomats, new H4's, German text RS manual. Car was also featured in the June 1991 Excellence and also on the cover, also in January 2005 European Car magazine. This is my 4th RS and it is much faster than the others. It drives like a raped ape!!! Numerous pics and a much more detailed description available upon request.

I have owned this car for over 3 years. I sent it to Jeff Gamroth of RothSport in Portland, Oregon last September. RothSport did a complete engine and transmission rebuild, starting from a blank NOS 7R case. The case has been restamped, using the correct German dies that the factory used. The numbering on the case looks perfect, complete with the little stars just like the factory used. I want to be very clear that I am presenting this car as a matching #’s car, albeit with a NOS replacement case. The car also includes the original numbered case half that was in the car when I purchased it.

During the rebuild, the throttle bodies were rebuilt, the pump was sent to Gus at Pacific Fuel Injection for a rebuild, the entire transmission was freshened up, including slightly shorter 4th & 5th gears. No expense was spared during this rebuild. Moreover, any part that needed it was either cad-plated, powdercoated or painted. The engine compartment on this car is immaculate. I have a 9 page itemized invoice totaling $23,286.14, which does not include the $5,000 that the blank NOS 7R case cost. Moreover, I have full photo-documentation of the rebuild and I can arrange for any serious buyers to talk to Jeff Gamroth or Gordon Ledbetter to verify the work.

Best of all, I have driven the car less than 1,100 miles since the rebuild was completed.

Speedo shows 77,000 km's. I know it has at least 400 more km's from when the speedo cable broke when I was driving back from Monterey two years ago. Otherwise, I have no reason to doubt the mileage, although I can't certify it with certainty as being accurate, given that the car is 33 years old.

Biggest flaw with the car is that it has the standard 1/2 inch crack on the dash between the speaker and the defrost vent.

Car is in Southern California. Numerous reputable RS experts are available to opine on the condition of this car for serious buyers.

I am offering this vehicle for $185K firm. Note that I did not say "asking price". That is because I will not take less than $185K for the vehicle. PLEASE don't bother me with any offers of $184,999 or less! I am trying to save me and any serious potential buyers time by revealing up front what it will take to buy the car. Please respect this frank marketing approach by leaving me alone if you're either a tire kicker, lowballer or Nigerian royalty wanting to wire me $250K for the car.

Interested parties can PM me or contact me directly, as I am fairly easy to find. I can also send numerous hi-res pics to any SERIOUS parties. Best regards to all.

Rob Wolford
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

A few more pics....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Great car Rob,

How I wish I had the guts and an understanding wife to grab this one. If I had the first two, I could re-mortgage my house a little.

Good luck
    Henry

Good luck Rob

Your going to regret it. No early p car???

I have personally seen the car and tried to keep up with it at The R gruppe event. How sweet it is. I would be an owner if I did not already have one, Thanks Rob.

What next? This other interest BS doesn't fool me. Keep us posted.

You have motivated me to Take #197 to lunch.

Good luck on the sale, I am sure you won't have any problems moving it.

Very nice Car. But Seems like $185K would be VERY strong money even for a real numbers matching example.
    S Registry #835

Here we go..... Rob I have turned repeated offers for well over 200k for my yellow car. 185 is a deal for your Viper Green RS. Great luck on the sale.

Best,

Don

Looks REAL sweet to me..................

rick
    reg #699

In today's market, for this car, $185K is a very fair deal. If I were in the market for this kind of car, I would be knocking down Rob's door for this car even if it weren't for sale. I have seen it in person; it will NOT disappoint. It is even the best color ever...what's not to love? This is the second time I can recall that Rob has offered the car for sale. What are the bets he changes his mind again? Selling this for an F Car isn't worth it.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Strong $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyC
    Very nice Car. But Seems like $185K would be VERY strong money even for a real numbers matching example.
    Strong Money??? Find me a comparable car???

How many RS's have you looked at lately. Most of the cars that come on the market are $100k away from Rob's car.

Unless you have personally inspected some of the cars on the market, and verified condition, originality, rust etc......you have no place commenting on Rob's car.

I think the car is worth $200k. This is a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfturbo
    I have thick skin so anybody is welcome to say whatever they want and if any of the comments merit a response, I will give it my best shot. So fire away - insult me, call my Mama names, question my manhood, call me a flipper, blah, blah, blah.
    The Car looks very beautiful and I agree it is a fine example. However,
    I guess I don't underststand the matching numbers issue - that's why I said "Strong Money."

What then is the purpose of an engine serial number if we could just stamp away any number? In my opinion it probably would have been better received with no serial number, and the correct block as a testament to that end.

You've got a lot into the car, and I understand that but for $185K I'd want everything to be correct with no stories or issues.
    If you all think the market is $200K plus for a 73 RS then yes, $185K might be a bargin
    S Registry #835