Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haggerty Insurance Agreed Value

Haggerty Insurance Agreed Value

I presently have a $40k agreed value on my 70E. I inquiried with Haggerty if they would go any higher and they said send in pictures. I have now done that but they have no resources to indicate anything higher than mid 20's even for a concours car. They are now requesting a formal appraisal with comparable sales. Just curious what other board members are doing regarding their insurance coverage given the ever escalating values (especially cars with desirable parts such as sport seats etc).

thanks
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Shop around

Try another company.

I have my insurance through a local vendor. He has relationships with classic companies, I can't remember who he placed me with ( 8 cars ). Good thing I had $100k replacement on my Hotrod. They paid like clockwork.

shop around

Shop around is good advice. I went with Grundy when they agreed to higher value at a lower premium than I had been paying.

If you can handle the risk, another way to look at is to "self insure" part of the value of your car.

Lee

As Lee, I went with Grundy...

A while ago I upped my agreed value with them another $15,000 with just a phone call … and no discussion…

The way things are go'n I'll probably have to make another call to them soon…

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

There's been a lot of discussion on this topic http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ight=insurance

I would still like to know the circumstances behind Dane's claim which was settled so promptly. I would also like to know who has had a claim with a classic car insurer in an iffy situation - i.e. fun run, driving to work, going to the store, etc (outside the bounds of 'normal' coverage) and how they responded. If you don't want to make your answer public, please PM me.

Tom, if you could address my questions on the other thread, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

No questions, no appraisal for $35K on my T. Also, I called before I drove it 4000 miles to the west coast and they said no problem. This was all 6 months ago??????

Don't count on a standard insurer to pay a "fair market, replacement value" for your car. I'am still in arbortration with my insurer from my incedent last may. Their offer was less than $5,000.00 . My apraisel came in at a little less than $15,000.00. This on a 1971 911T coupe with a 2.7RS euro spec motor built by Dwight Mitchell freshend up by IPB Autosport of Sacramento. Clean no rust Cali body with fresh paint and flares. The suspenison was also setup to Dwight's autocross award winning standards. In short get your value stated in writting it's the only to cover your ass. My insurer WAS State Farm Insurance.
    Regards Bill
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

If the agreed upon value is $50,000 and a bad accident occurs that does $30-45,000 worth of damage, will the insurance company insist the car needs to be fixed?

Therefore, the higher the agreed-upon value, the less likely the car will be totaled, right?
    Early S Registry #913

My Hagerty policy is expiring in October. I just went to Grundy's site and they seem like they are a little more flexible on driving the car than Hagerty. Does anyone have experince on if there are any stipulations on when you can drive your car. Hagerty is a bit of a PIA in thsi department.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Kenikh,

I have both the 911 and the Malibu with Grundy and so far so good...

Let me say that they DON'T want you to drive and keep your Grundy covered cars to and at work... I explained that Disney has a secured parking lot with stickers, ID, and guard, in individual allocated spaces ... The agent repeated that 'You won't drive your cars to work, RIGHT?' ... I finally got the message ...

All this with saying I have NEVER had to service or test the policy... knock wood...

So, those that have had to deal with a claim with any of these 'Classic Insurers' would be much more intelligent then me on this...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter