Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recently finished my RSR clone

Recently finished my RSR clone

Here are a few pics of my recently completed satin black '73 RSR clone. The project started from my '70E coupe that had an RS body kit on it when I purchased it 15 years ago. The motor is a carbed 3.2 and the suspension is mostly from a donor carrera plus the common upgrades...bigger T-bars etc...

I wanted the car to have a rough look so I decided to go with the satin black paint and then also roughed up all the bright work to give that all a matt finish. Wheels are 9's and 11's with the rears being custom made. Tires are Hoosier DOT approved slicks.

The most subtle change is the elimination of the rain gutters. I think it accentuates the curves in the body.

Still some details on the interior to be completed... Got the 380mm wheel, just need the old 912 horn button. Still need to remove the old stock radio.

Here are some pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
    '78 911SC backdate EFI 3.4 turbo
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

Nice, Chris. I saw your post on Pelican.
    Where do you find all of the time?
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

WOW, I love the agressiv look of your car!! Below is an other example of this look, I dont know who owns that car. (Rgruppe member?)

John
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

I don't know where I find the time... Was working 6 days a week with a new business and several cars to restore/maintain. BUT... I am not married, I guess that is the difference
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

Quote Originally Posted by endo911rs
    I don't know where I find the time... Was working 6 days a week with a new business and several cars to restore/maintain. BUT... I am not married, I guess that is the difference
    Well now it makes sense!...mix in a wife and 3 boys 6 yrs old and under and you'll start to understand how I'm dragging into almost 3 years on my project. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I do get a twinge of jealousy now and then.

John, I believe that's Jamie Novak's car. He is a GruppeB member. Jamie has unbelievable metal working skills.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Quote Originally Posted by endo911rs
    ... I am not married, I guess that is the difference
    Oh yeah...that is a MEGA HUGE difference !!!!!!

cheers!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Damn Chris, you continue to build cars that come out of left field yet deliver as well as anything I see. I will say the wife can take time, but not as much as a house remodel. Don't ever go down that path if you can avoid it! When is the unveiling? I am not sure I can make St. Helens now, but will try. BTW, don't you get bored of 3.2 power?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

This 3.2 is carbureted... its a whole different beast. It feels like an early motor but with big time grunt... sucks gas like one too!
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

Considering it is running carbs, did you get serious on the cams or are you still running motronic cams? S cams in these motors are downright freaky in character, kinda like a girlfriend who is totallly crazy, but great in bed; she makes you miserable (gas mileage) but the ride is so fun (HORSEPOWER)breaking up with her is a terrible option.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    S cams in these motors are downright freaky in character, kinda like a girlfriend who is totallly crazy, but great in bed; she makes you miserable (gas mileage) but the ride is so fun (HORSEPOWER)breaking up with her is a terrible option.
    You get an A for that analogy. I wonder where that leaves my racer with 906 based cams...

You might have found a name for my car without even looking: Carrie....
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill