Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still in the market for a rust free driver E

Still in the market for a rust free driver E

I am still looking for a solid, no rust & no stories E under $20k. i know they are out there but the biggest issue is..............no red. a paint job is not in the budget any time soon so a funky non-red color is pretty important.

Must be a coupe and prefer non-sunroof.

Thanks!

E-lusive

You have mentioned in previous posts you would not consider Ebay in the search for your "elusive E"
    Both of these cars were on Ebay,
    1st one sold for $20,000 , olive car (was this not advertised here as well ?)
    sold for $21,100. Looks like the Tangerine car has Florida plates, if I remember correctly the olive car was located in upstate NY ?
    You are in Maryland right ? so not too far from your location.

Perhaps you bid on these cars or just missed them at the time of sale.

My point? In your price range, color, etc... you will need to look far & wide.
    Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Chris i was close on the tangerine car. I emailed the owner via ebay and he called with a very confusing story that pretty much boiled down to 'i need the money this weekend'. i told him if a ppi could be arranged prior to then i would take it. he said he had a few more people to call and i never heard back.

I had emailed the owner of the Olive car long before it hit ebay but never got much info until it was on ebay. at the time (and possbily still) i had a good solid line on a '69 that was likely to be available within a month for the right price (NOT a perfect car but the important stuff was done). that and a lack of answers to some specific questions on the olive car was enough to keep me out of the bidding on it. the olive car certainly LOOKS really nice but my biggest concern is mechanicals and i felt the olive car was a bit of an unknown in that regard.

Its a T, but an MFI T. Needs a bit of help, but looks solid. Left coast.
    Down the road throw a 2.7 mfi in it & fuhhhhgetttaboutittt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...QQcmdZViewItem
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295

getting off "T"rack here...

I know you want an E, but this one looks good for the price.

http://www.atlantaautosource.com/73_911t_906.htm#

When you have recovered from the purchase, then you can buy one of these
    & have a 2.7 T !

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...ngine+complete

Plenty of fun options out there....
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295

Well it's not an E but I have a 73 1/2 T that I am going to put on the market soon. No rust fresh paint, good mechanicals. Very nice car.
    Phil

A 73.5 T is worth a look and should be added to the "want list" beyond E's.
    I had a friend who is a long time Porsche enthusiast come up for a little motorcycle riding on our great mountain roads. We took a break and drove my 73.5 T over to the Grove Park Inn to see the finale of the Asheville Trophy Ralley. After a spirited drive over he said that was the strongest "T" he had ever been in. My car is stock and engine has never been opened up.
    In addition, it gathered quite a few admirers in the parking lot and many commented on what a great model a CIS "T" is. Worth a consideration!

Daron

2 E's for sale in LA

I know of 2 E's that are for sale in Los Angeles that meet your criteria. If you like you can pm me and I'll get you the info. One's a sepia brown 70 and the other's a metallic green 73.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by NiceT
    A 73.5 T is worth a look and should be added to the "want list" beyond E's.
    Daron
    That "pasture muffin"?

Yes, the CIS T is a great car. Daron's car runs as good as any 911 I've ever driven. Torque where you need it, great brakes and tight as a drum.

Best,

Tom

PS: You found me a Vincent on the cheap yet?
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Oh yea Tom have I got your Vincent picked out!
    Attached Images Attached Images