Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrome wipers

Chrome wipers

Anybody know where one gets the chrome wipers for my '69. The local shops only sell black inserts
    Joe

--------
    '69 E Targa "Roxie"
    Early S #937

don't believe chrome wipers would be applicable to a 69. think they were last applicable to 67 Model Yr. changed over to black for 68 MY, unless of course you are just going for that look. check on ebay they are usually found there.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

The wiper arm on my car is not chrome, it's actually black, but the wiper blade itself is chrome. I'm not sure if this is stock or not.
    Joe

--------
    '69 E Targa "Roxie"
    Early S #937

Quote Originally Posted by joetiii
    The wiper arm on my car is not chrome, it's actually black, but the wiper blade itself is chrome. I'm not sure if this is stock or not.
    Black wiper blades are correct for a 69, the last car with chrome wipers and blades was the 67.
    Henry

guys;
    are you confusing chrome w/ silver? silver paint was used on all Porsches from '67 & back. (possible exception = race cars) chrome 330MM wiper blades were spec. for Mercedes of the era.
    HTH
    best
    jerry

You're right its silver, not chrome
    Henry

Wow... Since this is definitely a chrome blade, I guess I have an MB Blade. I wonder what one vintage blade for a 60's MB would run on eBay?
    Joe

--------
    '69 E Targa "Roxie"
    Early S #937

Quote Originally Posted by joetiii
    Wow... Since this is definitely a chrome blade, I guess I have an MB Blade. I wonder what one vintage blade for a 60's MB would run on eBay?
    i don't think the MB guys are as crazy as we are

The 65-68 early wiper arms are stainless, not silver painted or chrome plated. Porsch never painted any of their early car parts silver - except silver cars.

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    The 65-68 early wiper arms are stainless, not silver painted or chrome plated. Porsch never painted any of their early car parts silver - except silver cars.
    Garth,

68s have black arms and wipers, just as later cars, that's the year when the change was made.
    Henry