Thread: 1970 911E in Long Island, NY

1970 911E in Long Island, NY

Saw this ad on CL (no connection to seller)

http://longisland.craigslist.org/car/203530210.html

"rebuilt gearbox (5 speed)
    re - seal engine block
    replace oil cooler
    new clutch
    Lots of other smaller hardware like hoses and engine studs were re-placed as well.
    This car is a driver and performs amazingly, its white with dark interior.. weber carbs..all original and standard Porsche gear in the cockpit. This engine has 95,000 miles on it."

and it was sold 2 years back - this was listing on pelican
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=175377

Today, he is asking $20k.

Spoke with seller and he does seem to be a very nice chap, answered all Q's, no rust car .. mfi was changed to carbs, and car is in nassau county out near north shore of Long Island he told me.
    His mechanic is http://www.autosportdesigns.com

It seems to have been owned previously by board member Tom D.

Maybe someone looking for a white E with carbs would like it. Seems like a driver.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

This was a very solid car. I got it from a PCA owner who rebuilt the motor and really took very good care of it. Seems like prices have come up a bit since then. Good for him.
    Tom

So the red fan isn't a warning sign?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

No kidding, I sold a solid 70 E a year and 1/2 with MFI for $12,500.
    Phil

might make a nice basis for an R look car but for $20k it really should have MFI.

Too bad about the trim and mirrors. Anybody have experience correct 'blacked out' trim? I often wonder how expensive it would be and if any of the parts are NLA.

It's not that hard to correct. The trim is around and not that expensive. I think I might even have it. Change the window frames and rear grill or polish them, add a mirror and you are there.
    Tom

Erik, perhaps you could consider this a rEstoration or giving life where there was none before as in frankEnstein.

Bring back the E to where it belongs. Cosmetically it seems quite doable. Plenty of people here with advice and access to parts etc.
    As for MFI, perhaps by keeping the carbs for a year or so, you could decide if you like them.
    Then, if not you could buy the MFI, and sell the carbs.
    In fact by searching "MFI" you will see much discussion on it.

All the best,

Karl.

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Karl, have you gone to see this car?
    Hal Michael
    2008 Audi RS4
    2006 Porsche Cayman S
    1970 911 Targa 2.7 (sold)

Hal, no i didn't go to see it. I spoke to the buy on the phone, and he seems like a nice guy, answered all my questions, upfront etc.
    But i have no seen it.

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown