Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ventura PCA Judge...

Talking Ventura PCA Judge...

Soo...after a long seven hour (368 miles) early morning drive, Barbara and I left Phoenix at 6 AM to avoid the desert heat, and arrived in Ventura California @ 1:30 PM.

We arrived and parked the Conda Green 911T in one of the Marriott Hotel parking spaces that the Early911Sregistry reserved for the Ventura Event. The Hotel had placed barriers and tape to reserve the spaces. Quite a nice bit that one.

Soo..later that afternoon...after a nap...I step out to meet the other early car guys...before the sun had set, I get a Gentleman that wishes to review my car. He does not even introduce himself before he tears into my car...I have noncorrect windscreen wiper blades and a very dirty engine bay. The comment was "You have a lot of work to do in there." " I Know these things becouse I am a PCA Concourse Judge."

You know, I just drove my car for nine days up to Sonoma and back down here again for the Treffen Event in May 2006. I could have done it in less time...but a buddy kinda broke down in Cambria Ca. I sacrificed parts from my car to get his car home. I am still replacing and upgrading each day.

And then, after that, in Ventura I get a person that has the balls to tell me that my car has a dirty engine bay.

To that PCA Judge that did not drive an early Porsche car to the Ventura Event, you have no idea how close you came to getting your ass kicked by my Gal. I really cannot control her. She is a pistol. Lucky You. Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

WOW that is rude. Find out who it is and we can flame his car on the board
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

What a poseur (the "judge", that is)...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I may have been a victim of the same guy. During Saturday's People's Choice, a guy approached my car and almost immediately began to point out that my wiper blades were not correct. He was quick to say that he had judged many PCA events in the past. He's very fortunate that most Porsche people are not prone to hostility and/or violence.

Rob
    356Robo
    64 C Coupe #218448(sold)
    70T Targa #9110110416(sold)

what a (fill this in)

Maybe he's got a supply of wiper blades and is trying to make a market - I guess he store's them where the sun don't shine.
    Nick D - Run Flat

1973 RHD 911 Carrera RS #0358 - Fun Car
    2016 Cayenne Diesel - Tow Car
    2017 Macan S - Better Half's Car

1955 356 Speedster SOLD
    1976 911 2.7 SOLD
    2006 Cayman S SOLD
    2006 Cayenne S SOLD
    2008 Carrera S F77 SOLD
    2011 Cayenne S TOTALLED (T-Boned but kept us safe)
    2015 Macan S SOLD
    2015 GT3 - Track Car
    2016 Cayenne SOLD
    2016 Cayenne GTS TOTALLED (Bloody big deer)

Still looking for 1st Edition Carrera RS book #358.

Life is way too short to drive boring cars.

Shawn - you MUST be making this up. Right? That sounds like something I'd do to one of my R Gruppe buds as a prank! In fact, next time the midwest boyz get together .........

Concours(e) is French for "douche". No, really, you can look it up.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

912->911 conversion
    Wiper blades? We don't need no steeenking wiper blades!
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

you guys are pretty funny...

good thing I was not cought with snow and ice on my car. I cannot imagine that! You guys that made the day trip from the Mid West must have lost points. I also run open carbs without rain shields.

I was not kidding about how Barbara is protective of my car. In Ventura '04 she ripped a new exhaust port for a guy that had stated to a small group; "...you can see that this lime green car (lime green??) has uneven gaps on both sides of the hood. This means that this car was in a collision at some time." The poor guy was soo surprised by Barbara's knowledge of early cars that he actually walked away and left his ball cap right where he stood.

With only the factory tool kit, I adjusted my hood placement on the spot. No problem...got sun burned tho.

Great fun in Ventura this last time. However, attendance is decreasing quite a bit each year...oh well. Time to make a run Eastward I suppose.

I have signed up for next years Shenandoah Valley Rallye. http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=10540

During that event, I get to see my old 67 coupe. Shawn.

edited to add: smiles
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399