Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RS Oil line help

RS Oil line help

While doing the mechanical restoration of the RS, the mechanics discovered the oil feed line is damaged and needs to be replaced.

I realise this is a shot in the dark but does anyone know where I can find one of these? I believe it is part #911 207 043 01

Here is the oil line.

Here is a close up of the crushed area.

The mechanics bought a '72 oil line that is still sold by Porsche, and thought about splicing in a new section to remove the crushed section but the line cross-section doesn't match up and the person who they thought could do the work was concerned about debris from the brazing going into the motor. In the meantime there is a braided flexible line in it's place until I can find the right part.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Hello; That can be repaired. You will have to find a guy that can do tube bending and brazing. They can weld on pull rods to pull the dents out while heating the crushed area. You may also look up plumbers to do this. Don't laugh those old time guys can do wonders. Hope this helps. Thanks Eric

Geezz, these are hard to find. It took me around 2.5 years. Almost bought a car to get them. A side note, I have seen factory lines on 2 race cars that looked so smashed that I wouldn't think any oil could get thru but on the 2 cars I saw both didn't run any hotter. Unless it was cosmetics that you are worried about I wouldn't cut them.
    Rick

BTW, I have an extra 73 tank and tstat if it helps.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

I ordered a set from the dealer a couple years ago........
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Hello Brian You might try a big hydraulic line shop. A shop that dose lines for trucks, forklifts, Bobcats. I have seen them do custom lines before right down to an exact bend, out of steel or aluminium. The metric fittings might be a bit of a challange. You might want to check with Cornpanzer, he might have an idea with those german forklifts he sells. I know that there is a shop in north Cincinnati that made a few lines for a Toyota skidsteer a few years back when I lived down there. My point is it can be done you just need to think out side the box. Sooo good luck and get-er-done .
    Regards, Bill
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Brian-
    Do a search on Pelican. There is a thread that explains how to remove dents and crushed areas by pressurizing the line and heating the damaged area with a torch. Several posters reported that they did this successfully. I'll be trying it myself in the near future.
    -Scott
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Hey Guys,

Lots of good ideas for either fixing the existing one or finding somebody to fab a new one. Tom, that would great if you come up with a contact for the FL person. Thanks everyone.

Aaron,

I am certain that Porsche no longer sells the 'unique to the RS' line anymore. The only one avaible is the '72 line, which is different than the '73 line. I will call Stoddard to be absolutely sure though. I was hoping you had one squirred away in your shop that I could talk you out of.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

When I found these line lines everyone said they were unavailable.......but I called my local dealer and they had them in Atlanta.......they were '73 lines for sure.......they went on RSR 2.8 0871.

Good luck.....
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook

Aaron,

I called Stoddard's and they told me there are none in stock in the US or in Germany, but it was not listed as discontinued and has a price of $650.00. I was told that, in general, means Porsche will only produce the part if there are enough orders to justify the cost (as if $650 isn't enough ).

So it looks like you may have purchased the last one.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Brian.....you should just 'nip it in the bud' and get some of that blue Aeroquip line.......it would look great with the tangerine.......
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook