Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What non-Porsche interests do you have?

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!

What non-Porsche interests do you have?

I am curious what non-Porsche interests people on the forum have.
    Besides messing with P-cars I am also into guitars. I just bought a new Gibson acoustic online. Am waiting with great anticipation for its arrival.

Don

flying, british cars, gas turbine technology, cooking and reading

shotgunning (clays, ducks), flyfishing & RC airplanes.

I enjoy the outdoors, hunting, fishing, boating, collecting surfboards (for use, not show), cycling, and skiing. I enjoy fixing just about anything and putting things together.

Motorcycle touring, all other car makes and models, aeroplanes, Golf, College football
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Cycling (road & mtn), hiking, skiing (downhill and XC), traveling abroad, home improvement and gardening projects
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Bicycling (paved trails mostly), a collection of Napa cabernet sauvignon (not to be mixed with driving), and an Alfa Spider (the wife always lusted after one, and besides, everyone needs a convertible)
    Roger
    68 Sand Beige 911 Coupe #11830091
    84 Moss Green 911 Carrera

I've noticed a lot of vintage car guys are musicians i.e. Peter Egan. I play bass in a six piece party band. That and the 1971 911E are enough hobbies for now. I do find my day job interferring with my life though.

I also enjoy guitar playing, among others I have a 96 Taylor 714. Also dirt bike riding; waterskiing and boating (that's what the Tahiti Tiger is for ); tinkering with mechanical and electronic stuff; making/modifying car parts with various machine tools; helping friends with thier car projects (nice to do something different once in a while); cooking.

Gibson makes a nice guitar. Enjoy it!
    Leaf green 72T, SOLD!
    Gone back to my MoPar roots!

Flyfishing (for trout exclusively) with vintage split bamboo flyrods, automotive photography with Leica rangefinder film cameras, B & W nature and landscape photography with medium format film cameras, making fine furniture using japanese handtools, building 1/43rd scale all metal, Ferrari Formula 1 models to museum standards, and cooking Italian.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers