Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got the 911 Running...

Got the 911 Running...

...probably be bugging you all with more questions now

Here she is waiting outside Les Long's Air Power Racing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    We'll Make Your Calipers New Again
    Love Us On Facebook

Nice colors...

Gulf Blue?

and... what??

Thanks,

The body is actually Prussian Blue. I bought the car years ago in that color and decided not to do yet another color change. Turns out, the original color is Slate Grey which is a pretty hot color again. I believe Prussian Blue is an 85 color...
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    Love Us On Facebook

Ah, this is the one all over the 914club board. NICE.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Ah, this is the one all over the 914club board. NICE.
    Yup... I have a 914 habit as well. Love GT's
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    Love Us On Facebook

Eric,
    Pretty car, Les runs a great shop. I have 2 RSR's that he maintains. Hope to see car out at track.
    Phil

I saw your wheels

Thanks Phil,

I need to get the registration going and I'll be there.
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    Love Us On Facebook

Well those have been sold, if they are BBS's. I have more sets of wheels than I would have ever thought possible. looking forward to meeting you and your car.
    Phil

"Got the 911 Running..." You appear to be a master of understatement. What a beautiful color combo.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Thanks Rick,

It's funny how it all worked. As stated earlier, I bought the car years back when I didn't even know anything about color codes etc. Come to find out it was a color change. I decided not to paint it Slate Grey when I restored it the first time (now I probably would have considered that change) so it went back to Prussian Blue.

There was a graphics guy in TX who was kind enough to send me a Dupont color wheel and we selected the graphics by simply laying them on the fender. Both colors by themselves aren't really that hot and once I got it painted I was underwhelmed but, when the graphics hit... it turned the car around.

I've been at it for a while, collecting as many factory parts as I could through various internet resources. Flares are RS. The seats are original RS and I found them laying in the showroom at Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville, IL. This will go against the grain but, I'm a Koni fan so I have Koni struts with 18mm raised spindles and Koni inserts all around. I'm not a huge fan of highly sprung cars so this has stock 19mm t-bars up front and 26mm Turbo bars in the rear (it's going to get a 3.0MFI motor soon). I have the respective 18mm (one year 76) Turbo front bar and (I believe) 16mm rear bar. S-Calipers up front. Les installed the fresh 915 and a fresh 2.5S motor I had laying around for the 914-6/GT project. When the 3.0 is done (and the 914-6/GT body is done) I'll swap out the motors. When the 3.0 is done it will be a driver. I got S-Cam from Jeff here and it will retain 36mm intakes with the RS MFI system that Harry Bieker built for me. There ya go... TMI.

Phil, there was a set of 9 and 10x15 Fuchs in his front lobby that I thought were yours (might even have been bigger). RSR eye candy. I'm looking forward to meeting you as well.
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    Love Us On Facebook