Thread: 1973.5 T Targa FS

1973.5 T Targa FS

The manual clutch seems to not want to live in happy harmony with my lower back, as suggested by my orthopaedic doctor today, and as evidenced by extreme lower back pain over the last 10 days.
    So I sell the car I just bought in July of this year.
    It is not original in many ways. The Targa bar is black, not stainless, although I did read that some of the 1973.5 did come with a black Targa bar.
    The car did have fender rust, which was eliminated by the complete restoration. The one inch binder has stickers from original Porsche replacement body parts. I have, somewhat blindly since I am not very technical, added a summary on the ebay listing of major parts replaced, and various items of work done.

The link to the listing is as under.

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-...5881290&lk=URL

I will post additional pictures, this weekend or earlier.

This car had been on ebay earlier this year but did not sell. I contacted the seller after his listing was over, went to see the car, and then bought it and drove it home.

I will attempt to also add a link to the comments posted on the Rennlistwebsite from the earlier ebay listing

link to earlier ebay listing as under

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comments from Rennlist posting as under
    06-29-2006, 07:54 AM #1
    climbasky
    User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the quality of the pics on ebay it is hard to tell how true and correct the restoration is. Any comments from our expert eyes?

Link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks!

climbasky
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to climbasky
    Send email to climbasky
    Find More Posts by climbasky
    Add climbasky to Your Buddy List

07-01-2006, 06:34 PM #2
    HarryD
    Addict
    Rennlist Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Hard to say but a few things are "wrong".

Tool kit is not correct.
    Targa Bar should be brushed Stainless, not black.

If you are truly interested, ask for a shot of the underside of car. It should be the same color as the body. Ask for closeup of the 3 VIN numbers (one in front, one on windshield and one on emissions sticker. Ask for closeup of paint code tag. Get closeup of door bottoms, wheel arches, and base of rear window (all known rust places).

I would be suspicious of seller as he has 0 points but has been a member since 2002.

'73.5 911T Red Targa for Fun
    Several Trusty Beaters for Work

HarryD
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to HarryD
    Visit HarryD's homepage!
    Find More Posts by HarryD
    Add HarryD to Your Buddy List

07-03-2006, 10:25 AM #3
    Jay Laifman
    User

I would want an inspection, as with any Porsche. The only other things I noticed: spark plug wires not the stock ones that have the metal braded casing over them (though some of suggested that did not help with the problems they were used for), the seat bottoms were not done with the "puckers" that they are supposed to have, the horn button has an emblem added to it (though I did that for mine too!), and the No. 1 question I have is why does a car with 37k miles need a ground up restoration???!!! I also don't understand what an "upgraded" transmission is or what alleged changes were made to the suspension with only 37k on it. That said, it looks pretty nice with potential if it is what it says it is.

on eBay what I know

I remember this car and believe I was the high bidder after I spoke at length w/ the seller. Nice guy and seemed to enjoy doing the restoration, but I noticed that all the outside trim had been painted black which I do not believe is period correct. I'm a chrome kinda guy.

From my conversation with the PO, the car was redone completely including the suspension w/ new bushings and all. I would think this is an extremely nice driver
    Joe

--------
    '69 E Targa "Roxie"
    Early S #937