Thread: Air filter question

Air filter question

I know 69+ cars have plastic air filter housings, but could someone please tell me if the 68 housings were also plastic? Are they the same as the 69 MFI ones (i.e. could I put a 69 MFI housing on my 68 Webers)?

Thanks

Henry
    Henry

Hello there.

No, they are quite differnet.

The 70-on housings were mostly plastice..and need a different bathtub round the stacks..

Kind reghatrds
    David

Hello: Yes you can put the 69-71 metal housing on your 68 Weber car. The MFI will have a enrichment tube inside the housing. You will not need it and can remove it or leave it alone. The 72-73 cars have the plastic housings. Hope this helps. Thanks Eric

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Henry-
    Plastic didn't happen until '72. Steel for '70 and '71.
    -Scott
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Thanks to all, what else would I need besides the housing to get my set up back from K&N to original, and how difficult is it to find?
    This is what I have now:

Thanks again for your patience and help
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Henry

Henry; Let me have a look to see if I have a carb stock filter assemble. What are doing with the Watershield setup? I'll let you know. Thanks Eric

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

Wink ...set up back

Henry....get the 4 holes on the rear bumperettes plugged with the correct plastic plugs...
    Nice engine BTW!

rgds,

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Eric911S
    Henry; Let me have a look to see if I have a carb stock filter assemble. What are doing with the Watershield setup? I'll let you know. Thanks Eric
    Thanks Eric, I don't know what I'm doing with the current setup, but I'll probably keep it.

Cess, that is an old photo, now they're covered with the right plugs (good eye btw)
    Henry