Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Vendor Hall of Fame

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!

Porsche Vendor Hall of Fame

If you were to nominate a Porsche vendor for a "Porsche Vendor Hall of Fame" who would it be?

Don
    __________________________________________________ __
    1969 911S
    1976 914
    1981 911SC

How about Gus at Pacific and Matt at Eurometrix? Without these guys, MFI would be in serious trouble. Plus their service is beyond reproach.
    Hal Michael
    2008 Audi RS4
    2006 Porsche Cayman S
    1970 911 Targa 2.7 (sold)

Unincorporated Arapahoe County, Colorado, USA
    Vendor “Hall of Fame” is a very serious question.

I can think of several dozen who qualify in my mind. I have been around the Porsche trade world for more than 40 years so I have known more than a few who have stood the test of time. Of course there are others.

Let’s define the criteria. Of course integrity is number one. Ability to address issues from every Porsche “age” is another. What else?

You guys need to define this. Everyone can add their experiences. The point is to direct new Porsche owners to those most proficient and honest.

I was in the Porsche business for 23 years. I retired 20+ years ago. My record stands (Rennenhaus). Anyone can speak to my level of integrity.

Best,
    Grady

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!
    I would nominate Pelican Parts, my personal mechanic Bob Fox of Bob Fox German Car Service, my local Porsche dealer Holbert Porsche, and whoever makes that cupholder that fits into the cig liter socket.

Don
    -----------------------------------------------------
    1969 911S
    1976 914 (my newest addition)
    1981 911SC (the green beast)

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    classic and speed parts ( www.classicandspeedparts.com ). Will has just about every part you can immagine for early cars, and if he doesnt have it, he probably know where to get it. he also has his own custom line of parts that are better than oem, made with high grade materials and state of the art technology. his specialty is 356s and 912s, but he also has tons of parts for early 911s too since the engine is the big difference. his websit doesnt even come close to displaying his inventory, so if you dont find it there, its worth giving him a call, cause he probably has it, or knows where to get it. He also has alot of hard to find swb parts like oem rubber block trans mounts and ball joints. Will (the owner of CSP) isnt just a parts pusher, nameless salesman, or clueless vendor like many places. He has a true passion for cars, and while not an expert mechanic, knows alot about his parts, what will fit what years and what wont. he wont sell a LWB part and claim it will work on SWB if its truely a variation specific part. he knows teh difference. He also knows quality and values his customers. Will has helped me out many times, and his parts and wisdom have made my car much much better.
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

My dad - Tony Gerace at TLG Auto in N. Hollywood, CA - he's one of the best and obviously my favorite. Been working on these cars for 30+ years and has owned his own business for 28 of those 30+.

Al Cadrobbi - one of the original "old timers" who forgot more about 4 cammers than most of us will ever know. Claimed by Parkinsons.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I would like to nominate Chuck Moreland of Elephant Racing http://www.elephantracing.com/. Besides selling, in this author's eye, a superior product to OEM (all things suspension related and more) Chuck is extremely knowledgeable, and will help you personally with your questions and decisions (at least he can presently) . I like his product and really like the way he does business.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Walt Watson

Competition Engineering.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Chuck Stoddard - end of discussion
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"