Thread: 73 roll bar ?

73 roll bar ?

Does somebody have the measurements of a roll bar, the same as used in the 73 RS-RSR and the ST
    It is in the 72-73parts catalogue as 901.803.015.22
    I want to make me one in aluminium that looks the same as this one (was it originally steel?if so, does anyone know the diameter and thickness of the tube they used)
    Does someone have some pictures on where and how to mount it?
    the original mounting plate is 901.803.231.22 does someone have any pictures or dimensions on this?
    Was this plate welded and how?

Thanks
    hgo

Bear in mind that an Aluminium rollbar is not legal for racing in Europe.

The plates were welded in.. The bars were steel. Installation is straight forward. If your interested in this one, send me a PM.

Robert.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

Quote Originally Posted by Chuff
    Bear in mind that an Aluminium rollbar is not legal for racing in Europe.
    Right!!!
    You should go with steel!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    #rennfrog

We sell the replica bars- pretty accurate copies as many clients can attest to. check out our site at www.tremotorsports.com for the ST version already posted there
    other versions will be posted soon- we have them available

note the site will be up and running later this week (10-7)- switching servers!
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

I got mine at TRE. Highly reccommended.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

Alloy Roll Bar - 73 RSR

Outside diameter measures 35mm or approx 1 3/8 inch

Wall thickness measures approx 1/8 inch

This one has cross brace high front on driver side and low back on passenger side ( with reference to lhd car)

Toe plates have four holes diameter 12mm or approx. 1/2 inch

Weight is 7 lbs

Finish is bare aluminum although I was told these were painted black as delivered by Porsche. This one came out of a customer RSR car

Same 12" radius on main hoop as the steel version (as shared by the very accurate TRE bar that Dave has for sale). I am told this is a very difficult radius to achieve for most mandrels.

Quote Originally Posted by glaverbel911
    The plates were welded in.. The bars were steel. Installation is straight forward. If your interested in this one, send me a PM.

Robert.
    Robert -

How much are you selling that one for?? Original? I am interested.

Old thread coming back : Can someone confirm if the steel roll bar diameter is the same as the alloy (1 3/8" OD) ?? And the diameter of the rear bars that goes down to the seat mounting mounting bolts ?

Thanks
    JD