Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dash delete question (for the minimalist interior types)

Dash delete question (for the minimalist interior types)

i started stripping my project car (undecided ST or R or T/R etc based clone) over the weekend and got to thinking about how far one could go with a minimalist approach to the interior.

i've seen painted metal floors and rear seat areas, plain door trims, glove box delete, radio delete, dash trim delete etc.

however, does anyone have any pics of a 911 without a dash cover? is this too far for a street driven hotrod type of car?

are there any alternatives to a factory style dash cover?
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Difficult to describe but I always thought it was cool to see the perlon or felt replacements with the folded ribbed material over the edge. I'll try and find some pics.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

thanks bob - i was hoping for some input from your library of lightweight car pics.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

I'm interested as well since I've decided not to use an OEM dash. I considered using a f/g dash and painting it flat black, but would like to think about other options.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Here is a shot of a C/F dash. This one has blue tint in the resin. This was from John Simone, in San Diego.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ryan-

Damon at Series 900 makes an FRP dashtop cover--see this FS thread on PP.

I bought an FRP piece from John Simone here locally that includes the dashboard for gauge mounting. It is a very lightweight race part designed for a car with a full cage where you actually cut out the metal dash structure as well. I am going to use it in my '68 lightweight project, but trim it up and retain the metal dash structure-- just using the top part as a dash cover, like Damon's.
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Yeah, I had Damon's f/g dash in mind...I think I just talked myself into it.
    Bill G.

Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Here's what your after. I'm surprised we haven't seen this on a street car, given the issues with stock dashes. This is from Peter Gregg's 934.5.
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Scott, are those available through a vendor?
    Bill G.

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Not that I've seen. These would be easy to make, it seems.
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab