Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is CIS T the new S?

Is CIS T the new S?

Maybe i've just noticed them a bit more based on discussions of the driveability and some nice examples popping up....but it sure seems these cars are finding better prices and a bigger audience.

Anybody remember that olive CIS car in NY not so long ago? Just a touch over $20k i think and it was puuuuurty!

All the early 911's are getting more attention. I agree that the 73 1/2 CIS 911 are great cars. I think most 911 enthusiats used look down their nose at them, I know I did until I drove one. Of all the T's they are by far the best. I don't think anything can replace the 7300 RPM howl of a S MFI motor but that is not what T's are about anyway.
    Phil

For driveability, they can't be beat. Pity they were never officially delivered to Australia.

Is the CIS T the new S?

Is this a real question?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

is ugly betty the new cindy crawford

Quote Originally Posted by WM711
    is ugly betty the new cindy crawford
    No, but I did date her older sister back in high school...lots of stories about that family.
    -Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146
    Is the CIS T the new S?

Is this a real question?

It is a facetious question meant to spark conversation and thought regarding the apparent recent rise in popularity of CIS T's.

Quote Originally Posted by berettafan
    It is a facetious question meant to spark conversation and thought regarding the apparent recent rise in popularity of CIS T's.
    I was just rattling your cage.

On a more serious note, the CIS T's aren't bad cars. They're absolute turtles, but what they lack in throttle-induced oversteer they more than make up for (and this next statement is made with the assumption that the car is in PERFECT working order) in ease of use. I guess by that I mean they make really good touring cars but I wouldn't want to go racing with one.
    -Marco

[. I guess by that I mean they make really good touring cars but I wouldn't want to go racing with one.[/QUOTE]
    Like wise a lot of people would not want to go touring in a "s" and touring is where the most miles and time behind the wheel is spent, so in the real world is there more "bang for your buck" with a well sorted 73.5 "t" I do not think so, but it is a very good at what it does and arguable better than an "S", now remember this is coming from some one who has a high strong 2.0L "s" who like's to tour, 13,000 miles last year on my car and I do not drive it to work, Fritz

I recall a recent article (Pano?) which talked about the cars that are most sensitive to fuel issues and the CIS cars are high on that list. Having driven 73.5T I can say with all honesty that the T gives nothing away to its siblings until the higher RPM and speed ranges. Some may recall the 73 road tests in which the 73E was faster to 60 than the S so that can't be overlooked either. The S always had marginally better performance at the upper end but most of the car mags rated the T or E as better for daily use.