Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Correct Interior for '67S

My 1967S, Serial # 306570S, has a build date of 10/26/66. The COA states: "Interior Material Color/Type: Red-Leather". When I got the car 3-4 years ago it was tired but mostly original. The interior door and rear panels were red, the rear seats were red, but the front seats had been changed to black. The carpet was black and both door armrests, which appear original, were black. The trim pieces at the top of the doors and rear side panels were black as was the package tray and trim. The exterior had been repainted blue but was originally light ivory. I've since re-done the car to a black interior and light ivory exterior. Also, although the COA states "red leather" it looks like the door and rear side panels were vinyl and they look original. The doors and rear decklid have the original serial numbers stamped in them.

Mine #306301S has a build date of October 12, 1966 delivered in Mannheim. Your missing a digit should be 6 numbers followed by a S
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC
    93 Mo30 968

too many cars before that

Early S Registry # 787
    R Gruppe # 551

"its better to wear out then rust out"

That's why I asked the question because my 'UK cardex' does not give a build date only the date the car was registered for the road. I wondered if I wrote to the factory archive they would tell me the build date or the factory invoice date (same thing?). I have this info for my RS which was info a previous owner obtained from the factory. Will the factory be a ble to tell me the same thing for my S?
    Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp
    That's why I asked the question because my 'UK cardex' does not give a build date
    My COA from PCNA does not give the build date for my '67S, #306831S, either, and I have always wondered why not , as others seem to have this information.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

[QUOTE The doors and rear decklid have the original serial numbers stamped in them.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been able to find one on the hood? I believe mine is original but short of removing it from the car to look under the hinges I've never been able to find it.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

This is a 68S

This is the interior of Giuliano's concours conditions and fully original 1968 911S. He is a friend from Trieste, Italy, and the founder of the Italian 911 Registry.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Giaz, Wow! that is nice, thanks for the pictures and thank you to the others I really like seeing these details, Fritz

Giaz
    Can you post a link to the Italian registry please. My car is originally Italian and I'd like to find out more if I can.
    Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Great Pictures

Thanks, very helpful.

Does anyone know if the red plush carpet (i.e., shown with the '68S) would be correct for a '67S (SEP '66)? or would the grey or black perlon? SLB

Mystery switch

Attachment 24656I'm just starting to restore #306497S - anybody know what the switch on the left is?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images