Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the hell not?

Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

can anyone comment on fair market value for this car?

The bubble hasn't burst but the market is shifting. $36K is good, fair money; but it's a sign of things to come.

The $70K Ss and $55K Ts are going the way of the Dodo. Cash in while you can...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146
    The bubble hasn't burst but the market is shifting. $36K is good, fair money; but it's a sign of things to come.

The $70K Ss and $55K Ts are going the way of the Dodo. Cash in while you can...
    Where does it state that the car is going for cheap? At $35,600 the reserve still hasn't been hit? Did Bill have a "Buy it Now" price at the beginning of the auction?

This auction has just started at 36k, five days to go. Looked at the pics and it appears very nice. I'd like to see what this one goes up to.
    Tom

This is clearly a nice car. Sunroof a big plus, no sport seats a big minus. With the premium that the market puts on original 911 cars, and this car's obviously restored condition (and only decent quality restoration work, at that), I think that the pricing shows the market is stronger than ever. I will enjoy seeing what this car goes for.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

A few months ago, I think this auction would have started at $45-50K. That's all I'm saying when I mention that the market has "leveled off."

The thing with Porsches is that the bubble will never completely burst - as it did with the Ferrari guys in the 90s - because the cars are so usable. Their utility is part of what drives their value. Rather, I think the bubble will slowly deflate until it reaches equalibrium ... and then it'll spike again in another 10 years.

So be easy, there, fellas. Don't get your S panties all bunched up over dollar values...

EDIT: I actually remember this car now. It came through our shop right when it came out of storage. It was a time capsule and very impressive.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I think you you should only consider dollar values if this is at least the second car in your collection. The first car in your collection should be one that you love to own regardless of the market.

I for one really couldn't care less if my car dropped 10K in a year. That is pretty much standard depreciated on high end car in its first year of life. But if I had a car under a cover as and investment I would be less happy about it.

This car looks to me to be nice however there are some issues that need sorting.
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

Well a 60K 911 S is heck of a lot different than a multi-million dollar F car. I am not the comparison even makes sence. Porsche 911's are still a terrific value. The price of the cars is probaly the least important part of the equation for most of us.
    Phil