Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coco mat options

Coco mat options

I need some floor mats for my '73. I like the coco mats, but cocomats.com isn't selling the original pattern that went up around the pedals and over the shifter tunnel. Does anyone know where I can find a set of the original patterned mats?

Hiya Jay:

Until those guys restarted making those mats, nobody was making anything close and I've been looking for the same thing.

AFAIK, the original style is NLA since Cocomats.com is the only source for such things. You might ask them to consider making a set for you if you give them the measurements that you want.

They sent me a complete sample kit of all their colors and I'll probably just order what they currently make,...

Having had the originals that slipped all over the place along with the slippery plastic heel pads, these newest ones with spiked rubber backing and heel pads, are a big improvement.
    Steve Weiner
    Rennsport Systems
    Portland Oregon
    E-mail: porsche@rennsportsystems.com
    http://www.rennsportsystems.com

CocoMats

I asked Coco Mats several times to consider the over the tunnel mat, but in the end had to settle for the standard mats as I didn't have access to an original over the tunnel pattern.

However, as a consolation prize, they did agree to make a mat for the "cargo area" on top of the rear seats when they are folded down as they had an existing pattern. It'll be here next week, I'll post a picture.

As Steve says, the mats are really good, llok great and stay put.
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

Cocomats.com isn't the only source. These guys also have nice ones, and sisal mats as well, which Cocomats.com doesn't offer.

http://www.roadworksauto.com/sisalmats.htm

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=10984

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ead.php?t=6077
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

I too had to settle as no one is making the original over the tunnel design, too bad.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Jerry (cocomats.com) did tell me that he is "working on an option where you could buy a separate piece that would be unbacked that would go over the hump to give you the old look but have the function of the new updated cocomats, without the old problems associated with them." I suppose I'll just order these for now and add "hump" peice later.

Steve: Glad to see you back in action. I need to stop by and show you my new car soon. We also need to talk about suspension upgrades, etc.

Hi Jay:

I've seen the other cocomats and IMHO, they are not as nice as Jerry's. Its all in the details,...

I'll be calling him this week to place an order so I'll find out when the over-the-tunnel add-on piece might be available. I think he's pretty busy right now.

I'd love to see your new ride and find out what you are "cooking up",...
    Steve Weiner
    Rennsport Systems
    Portland Oregon
    E-mail: porsche@rennsportsystems.com
    http://www.rennsportsystems.com

Thumbs up over the hump

I spoke with him this morning and he is sending me a paper pattern for the "hump" mat.When I get it,I am to call him to see if it is properly sized for a 73E.I also have asked some one on this board for an old mat I sold him that was an original over the hump type.When this all comes together,I will post ASAP and let you know.Bottom line is,I think if he sees enough interest,he will get motivated!I should know by weeks end and will advise----stay tuned for my next news broadcast! Tom
    Member:S Registry #864

I just ordered this cocomats some weeks ago...waiting to be delivered to Europe..
    I will definitly take the "hump"-item too, if they will offer it in all colors/pattern..
    Will size also go for 2.0/2.2litres with a 901box ??
    Registry member No.773

2.0 size?

Should be the same,but I will check the pattern in my 71T and make sure.They mailed the pattern this morning.Should know by Friday.
    Member:S Registry #864