Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 days till PPI!!!

3 days till PPI!!!

Counting the minutes. PPI is friday!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks Nice...

Care to share a few details about it? Year, Model, Color, Options, etc.
    Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921
    1972 Bahia Red 911 Coupe #9112100390..."Rudy" SOLD
    1967 Savannah Beige VW Beetle Sedan #117364457..."Heidi"...aka "Tinker Toy"

'70T, 2.4 S spec w/ 2.2 pistons, 915, bare metal repaint.

i haven't been to see the car in person yet and will be flying in to pick it up after a satisfactory PPI.

Erik

also, S trim, S guages, crack free dash (replaced in '90's), later non-sport seats with new leather, fresh trim, etc.

Looks like a recipe for ........ FUN!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!

A high compression 2.4 is one of my favorite motors. If the car is even remotely well sorted, you'll be having a great time ... assuming, of course, that you buy the car.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    If it checks out good, buy it! It is the second best thing in life a man can have and hopefully you have the other.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

the deal is already done; subject only to satisfactory ppi so as long as the car has been represented honestly i will be the new owner. seller seems to be a nice fellow and was concerned that the car stay in PCA and be owned by someone who will look after it well. i intend to do both.

i also intend to get into autocrossing eventually as well. i think that would be a great way to learn the car in a competetive atmosphere while minimizing the chances of wrecking the car. maybe eventually a spare set of wheels with Hoosiers.......hooo boy!

my list of 'to do' is already started. GTS seats, period correct radio w/ iPod connection, possibly RSR door panels, maybe H4's, tighten up suspension if needed, lower the car, etc.

the only issue i'm having in my planning for the car is that i was really set on an 'R' look car. This car seems to represent the o.e. look really well and i'd hate to do anything drastic to that. that being said i wonder how it would look with the deco trim removed, R tail lights added and maybe a painted to match 'R' rear bumper. might have to do a photoshop request.

oh oh, i'm starting to see it now..........replace both bumpers with glass R versions from GT racing, switch driver side mirror to a durant style, swap in R tail lights, H4's & (here's where it all comes together....maybe) silver R graphics.

It seems all of this would be reversable so maybe this is what i'll shoot for. of course 15x7's would look nice all around too but would not be in keeping with the R look to me.

Cool car Erik, let's hope the it's every bit as good as presented.

All the mods that you mentioned will give you that look, and are easily reversible should you want to return it to original. From the photo, it looks like a 'flag' mirror (rectangular), which is from '71 onward. The Durant (the larger, 4" diameter version) you mentioned is actually correct for the car. The mirror is the only cue I can remember to distinguish between '70 and '71, besides the VIN...

Good luck,

BA
    Brad Anderson
    911 1970 einspritzung Karmann coupe 0012

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Congratulations...

Your long wait....is about over !

Looks like you found a nice car. What is the color? Looking fwd to more pics & 1st impressions
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon