Thread: Intro and Question....

Intro and Question....

Hi Everybody,

I've been looking at these forums for a while now and I figured I would register. I wanted to take a minute to say HI to everybody.

I've been studying Porsches for a few years now, and I've been trying to learn as much as I can about them.

There is a question that I have for the knowledgable guys. One thing I have noticed, particularly on the Esses is that the front bumper seems to be different on each one. When these cars were new, did they all have the spoiler bumper w/o fog light holes? I've seen some late 60's and the early 70's 911S's with both bumper styles.

I know it might seem like a goofy question, but I've been wondering for a while. I see tons of these cars with body kits and modifications to them....would this hurt the value on an early "S"? I'm in no market for one of these cars, but my curiousity has been piqued.

Anyway, Thanks again, and I'm glad to be part of the group.

Matt

Hi Matt
    i'm shure other members will give you more detailled infos, but usually
    bumpers from 65/68 cars have been the same, w/o fog lights depending on year and options spec, i think.
    1969 until 1971 they have been small chances on them but virtually the same on all models, w/o S-Trim, foglights and guard bumpers depending model and options spec.
    By 1972 (late 71) the S model received a new bumper with chin spoiler, optional on other models and standard on the 73E too.
    There is a variation on this spoiler on the 73 2.7Carrera and, of course, many
    other ones found on competition models like S/T, RSR, etc..
    Registry member No.773