Thread: Weber intake manifold question

Weber intake manifold question

I'm trying to figure out what I have here. I bought these a few years back with some Weber's and they are not like the other manifolds that I have. As you can see there is no provision for the cross bar linkage and theye are taller then the stock manifolds. The top (carb) ports are 45.5mm and the bottom (intake) ports are 38mm. The part number on them is 901.108.318.00, I've searched for this part number and haven't found anything. Another person mentioned 906 or 911R but I couldn't find anything on these either.

Anybody seen these or know anything about them?

Thanks
    Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Paul,
    You have 906 intake manifolds, the 911R used the center cross bar style manifold. 906 has the mounting points on both ends, so you can use one part for both right and left side. Later 906 intake's have an angle cut off of the end mounting tab to clear the frame cross brace.
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

Hello: You do indeed have 906 Weber manifolds. Good luck with them and start searching for the linkage parts. It will be fun to find all the parts. Thanks Eric

Paul,

These are very nice intakes...can you tell if they are Mag or Alum? There were some reproductions made in Alum, they weigh a little more than the Mag ones...and they really don't pit like the Mag ones do.

There have been a couple of sets of the Mag 911R intakes recently on eBay, but, I think these are far more rare.

Be very sure to price them accordingly if you have any intention of selling them.

Armando is a good source for info on these...link to pictures of both real and repro...both have Porsche p/n on them...

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/for_sale...take_manifolds

Peter

Peter,
    These are very light weight and I'm sure they are mag. I don't plan on selling them right away until I figure out what they are really worth. Another person had given me the link to Armadno's site also and I was going to contact him about these.

Thanks for the heads up and info.

Paul

906 Magnesium Intak Manifolds...

Hello Paul,

As you already know, your manifolds are indeed very, very rare 906 "Magnesium" intakes (you can see the typical surface corrosion of the Magnesium in your photos, a dead giveaway vs. Aluminum). By the way, do me a favor, get some ZEPreserve http://webfiles.acuitysp.com/psr/psr_0095.PDF and spray those things done quickly, do this several times and watch your parts come back to life. You can thank me later...

Regarding price; I can only tell you that about 3 years ago, I sold the same exact pair cheaply at $2,500 to Mr. Carl Thompson who turned them over to his client at the same price (nice guy!). My intakes ended up in this 906 http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/other_po...ff_porsche_906

The set I sold also included everything, see photo below...

Today, I would not sell those parts for less than $3,000 and someone would have to actually talk me out of them, end of story...

Hope this helps.

Armando
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow!

Wow.....
    Armando,
    This is like a "barn find" I would of never guessed that thay may bring that much. Thank you for your suggestions and guidance, I'll get some of the ZEPreserve and coat these manifords right away. One thing that these don't have is the stud/post and linkage on the one side. I think I read that the L/R were the same so they could be interchanged. Was the linkage added to just some applications?

Thank again for you insight and direction.

Paul

wow,,

so what is the story, how did you come across these manifolds??? give us details..
    Bob Petitt
    1967 911S Coupe 307653S, my barn find - 55,000 miles Looking for engine #961269 and trans 901/02 #104337
    1971 911T Coupe 9111120264, my first 911 back in my garage
    1972 BMW 2002, my first car - 350,000 miles and counting
    1972 911T Coupe 9112100970, Sporto, parted it out..
    1983 BMW 320i, my everyday car - 138,000 miles and gutless
    2005 Subaru Outback, the daily driver - boring
    2006 Volvo XC90,

Registry Membership #202

906 manifolds

Mudi,
    There's not much of a story behind these. Several years ago I bought a pair of Weber 40IDA.... carbs from a local guy and the manifolds came with them. I'm going to contact him and see if he knows more about where they came from.

Paul